EMT has a little bit too much fun in the rig

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
I asked because he clearly was NOT stopped for most of the time. Then you started talking about some "hero complex" which the video also has nothing to do with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angel

Paramedic
yes because were heros, and we save lives, and cant possibly have any fun! how dare he!

if that's how you want to live your life go ahead.

if an NYPD cop can break dance (and win :)) with a bunch of kids and still be considered 'professional' and a 'hero,' i dont see any issue with this.

im not going to agree with you, you arent going to agree with me. we can 'debate' this for the rest of the month and still not agree so i dont see the point in continuing to go back and forth.

hence, agree to disagree

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
yes because were heros, and we save lives, and cant possibly have any fun! how dare he!

if an NYPD cop can break dance (and win :)) with a bunch of kids and still be considered 'professional' and a 'hero,' i dont see any issue with this.

im not going to agree with you, you arent going to agree with me. we can 'debate' this for the rest of the month and still not agree so i dont see the point in continuing to go back and forth.

hence, agree to disagree

Was the NYPD officer break dancing inside of a vehicle that he was driving or was he on the street?

The NYPD officer did a great job of building PR because it was not dangerous in the slightest (unless someone walked into his moves). The EMT in the video, not soo much.

I'm not even going to get started on the debate of heroes.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Pathetic example for our profession.

Yet another shining example of why we constantly hear the term Ambulance Driver. .................

Danno

Forum Lieutenant

hence, agree to disagree

You mean the stuntman who was working on Spiderman 2 dressed up as NYPD? It took me about 5 minutes to find this:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/trendi...ed-nypd-officer-battles-street-performer-wins

And actually, I do change my view on things if people make valid points. Thats why I read message boards. I'm not sure why you're posting if you're just going to cover your ears and go LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU when people disagree with you.

I already addressed your point in my first post, but again....you aren't being paid to have fun. Do we have some anyway? Sure. Plenty of it. But all within reason. Is driving an ambulance with both hands off the steering wheel multiple times within a 2 minute time span within reason in any universe?

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I didnt realize advocating for professionalism was having a "hero complex"

Guy should be fired. Makes us all look bad.

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
Is this really a first time fireable offence? I would say some remedial driver's training about keeping your hands on the steering wheel may be in order before we worry about termination.

lynnethesunny

Forum Ride Along
Got caught.

I'm not allowed to post links quite yet, but I found an article on DailyMail that shows that he got reprimanded.

I had to google what "voguing" is, as far as dancing goes. You learn something new every day.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Guy should be fired. Makes us all look bad.
really? on any given day, I see things happening in EMS that makes us look bad. I read on the news stuff that makes all of us in EMS look bad.

in the grand scheme of things, one guy dancing to a song while driving the ambulance without a patient in it doesn't even crack the top 10.

in fact, I'd be more pissed that the drive cam was released to the public, and want the person who released it to the internet to be terminated. That is a much larger and easily justified firable offense.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
really? on any given day, I see things happening in EMS that makes us look bad. I read on the news stuff that makes all of us in EMS look bad.

in the grand scheme of things, one guy dancing to a song while driving the ambulance without a patient in it doesn't even crack the top 10.

in fact, I'd be more pissed that the drive cam was released to the public, and want the person who released it to the internet to be terminated. That is a much larger and easily justified firable offense.

After thinking more about this I think terminating employment would be the wrong choice. Maybe a suspension and definitely some remediation / training.
If we want to be treated like professionals we need to act like professionals. Part of being a professional is educating. I had a knee jerk reaction to what I saw. In the grand scheme of things this is pretty minor but had the potential to go bad.

jrm818

Forum Captain
Pathetic example for our profession.

Yet another shining example of why we constantly hear the term Ambulance Driver. .................

Ironically, ambulance driving was the part he failed at....

It's not even the appearance that's important...its the reality that you can't drive at a professional level when you're that distracted. Emergency or no, I expect a level of concentration more like this, ideally from all drivers, but at a minimum from pro's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVtQ4NN5_-Q

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Fun video to watch.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Was the NYPD officer break dancing inside of a vehicle that he was driving or was he on the street?

The NYPD officer did a great job of building PR because it was not dangerous in the slightest (unless someone walked into his moves). The EMT in the video, not soo much.

I'm not even going to get started on the debate of heroes.

I'm the hero, there is no debate, obviously :cool: