EMS week.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
What's your agency doing? What's your local hospital doing?

Isn't it time to do more?

"Imagine what could happen for EMS if EMS Week was about public outreach instead of free cookies in the hospital break room."

- Stolen from an attorney that also works in EMS.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We get free cookies all day erry day anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never2Old

Forum Crew Member
Where are these free cookies of which you speak!? The IFT guys usually suck up everything in the first few hours in our area.

In all seriousness, my station is doing an open house for the community and inviting the FD and PD to also show off their toys as well.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
"Imagine what could happen for EMS if EMS Week was about public outreach instead of free cookies in the hospital break room."
Honestly, we used to get more things from hospitals than from our own agency for EMS week. If it costs money, than our management wouldn't do it. but other departments in the hospital had no problem getting food for their employees...... things that make you go hmmmmm

EMS public outreach should be a year round thing, not just a once a year event

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I think we normally get a pretty decent gift from our department. The hospital usually buys us something to. Then there are the normal cook outs that i never work during. I dont typically care to go.

Back when i did SSM it was great, now id rather just go back to station.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Food is a nice gesture. Trinkets are a nice gesture. Neither makes up for the abuse and neglect we suffer on a daily basis. Now, in this context, I'm referring to things provided by the agencies and employers, not interested third parties(hospitals and such).

When I worked transfers and bls in the privates, I got out late almost every day, misssed meals, swallowed call after call with no break for hours on end and was met with complete and total apathy from the management. A water bottle, lunch box, t shirt or whatever doesn't fix the systemic problems of understaffing and overwork, poor equipment, substandard facilities, barely running trucks and so on. I'd happily sacrifice EMS week baubles in favor of actual systemic improvements.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Primary job, they do nothing. They will acknowledge the Fire and police department that are our first responders. Not sure why they refuse to acknowledge it for us. I would be happy with an email saying Happy EMS Week. Other than that we are treated well.

Part time job, they roll out the red carpet for everybody. And I feel we are treated well there also.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
It's here! Ready for my t shirts and trinkets!

Happy EMS week!

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Trinkets?! A couple years ago one of our hospitals set up several massage tables outside the ER lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
We need this!

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
We haven't heard anything from our admin this year.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
so this is kinda cool.....like him or hate him, at least he recognizes what EMS does

The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
May 19, 2017
President Donald J. Trump Proclaims May 21 through May 27, 2017, as Emergency Medical Services Week
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES WEEK, 2017

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...roclaims-may-21-through-may-27-2017-emergency

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
so this is kinda cool.....like him or hate him, at least he recognizes what EMS does

The White House
For Immediate Release
May 19, 2017
President Donald J. Trump Proclaims May 21 through May 27, 2017, as Emergency Medical Services Week

- - - - - - -

A PROCLAMATION
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...roclaims-may-21-through-may-27-2017-emergency

I will say to his credit, like him or hate him on anything else, he does recognize public service. He's big on police and recognizing them, and I'm glad he recognized us in EMS.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief

The White House
For Immediate Release
May 19, 2017

- - - - - - -

A PROCLAMATION
Every president does this.

b6600a89a765483d7baa7bf78f498d05.jpg

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We know how Careflite feels about their crews
83cffd7d2a98d6e22768fa90688e885f.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Bought me lunch today. Attempted to cook for the crews through the week for lunch but on both my shifts we got run hard and didn't really get to enjoy. Everyone got a nice travel mug and they're doing a raffle for various gifts.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Local hospital network sponsored (in partnership with Stryker) a night out at an indoor high speed gocart track. They also supplied booze and pizza.

4906bea090fc284a6b206c8131d8470a.jpg
e3db2254ccb11a780b18be5c7558afe0.jpg
f3df1ee31f9ddc862aa9fcc824d5271e.jpg

OK that's pretty cool