EMS providers...

CTBryan11

Forum Probie
I know this forum is supposed to be supportive and informative, and in many cases it is... but I am almost done with my medic class and getting ready to take my national registry...but i've just been reading through alot of the threads and it makes me mad when i see medics and basics calling people noobs, and giving people a hard time for not knowing what some stuff means... Acting like they were NEVER in that postion, and acting as if they were born the Gods of EMS... if you don't have a constructive comment to say without being rude don't say it...every medic treats there pt's different in some way and every service has different protocols... so don't act like like you know everything... chances are you've done some pt's more harm than good... It's all about experience and your time on the box, Just saying... self confidence is a huge part of the job and is needed to be a good medical provider... but cockiness is what gives this profession a bad name and makes us look like self centered A**holes, just remember where you once were when you began this career before you make smart A** remarks

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I know this forum is supposed to be supportive and informative, and in many cases it is... but I am almost done with my medic class and getting ready to take my national registry...but i've just been reading through alot of the threads and it makes me mad when i see medics and basics calling people noobs, and giving people a hard time for not knowing what some stuff means... Acting like they were NEVER in that postion, and acting as if they were born the Gods of EMS... if you don't have a constructive comment to say without being rude don't say it...every medic treats there pt's different in some way and every service has different protocols... so don't act like like you know everything... chances are you've done some pt's more harm than good... It's all about experience and your time on the box, Just saying... self confidence is a huge part of the job and is needed to be a good medical provider... but cockiness is what gives this profession a bad name and makes us look like self centered A**holes, just remember where you once were when you began this career before you make smart A** remarks

Where, exactly, are people being called noobs?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Where, exactly, are people being called noobs?
have you noticed it's only the noobs who are complaining about being called noobs? damn noobs

Sasha

Forum Chief
have you noticed it's only the noobs who are complaining about being called noobs? damn noobs

Like!

Sorry OP, you aren't in a profession where we care about your self esteem and coddle your feelings. If you can't handle the forum, then how are you going to handle it off line?

You're going into EMS, not basket weaving.

Sasha

Forum Chief
PS, I love when new people try to lecture actual providers about how to be in EMS, what you should be doing, and just generally trying to shame us. It's so funny

And for someone who is preaching about not being rude, you sure should follow your own advice!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Funny, I searched for the term "noob" and checked out the first 10 instances of it's use in posts... and every single time it was used was by someone calling themselves a noob... and usually it was the OP saying they were one themselves.

This forum is pretty well behaved, especially when compared to other online forums. Don't worry, if someone steps out of line, some mods are more than ready to hand out punishments... speaking from first hand experience here ;)

Having said that, why is this in the ALS Discussion section?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I want a patch with gold threads...

Umm, you have to have a degree to be cool enough for gold threads, oh wait..... :cool:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Especially if it has gold threads :ph34r:

Psh, not worth the extra money it costs to recert.

I want a patch with gold threads...

Merry Christmahanakwanzika, or whatever you Californians celebrate

INVENTRYIMAGE_1840.jpg

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Umm, you have to have a degree to be cool enough for gold threads, oh wait..... :cool:

Mine is encircled in gold ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321547285.529951.jpg

As for the OP, like Sasha said, this is EMS, not basket weaving. People in EMS are mean sometimes, it's just a fact, if you can't handle a bunch of anonymous people online telling you what we think, then how will you deal with an FTO jumping down your throat?

Ya know what makes me mad? People who can't actually type out a proper paragraph, especially someone who's supposedly finishing up medic school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Remeber343

Forum Lieutenant
As everyone else previously stated... Welcome to EMS. Thats how some people roll, well, most of us. We give each other a hard time, but its tough love.

BigBad

Forum Crew Member
What in the :censored::censored::censored::censored: is this noooob *****ing about?

JPINFV

Gadfly
What in the :censored::censored::censored::censored: is this noooob *****ing about?

Wait, one nub *****ing about another nub? Did someone just divide by zero again?