EMS Pranks

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
I like pranks... never been caught either. Too quiet to get caught. heehee

One of the crew members liked to bow hunt, so he went out one morning before work. Got his buck, and by the time he got the buck out of the woods, he realized that he needed to tie the buck to the top of his truck and go directly to work. Of course it is cold where I work, it was okay to leave the buck tied to his truck. Well that was his first mistake, his second was being on my shift. hee hee
Anyway, he gets his first call of the shift and low and behold, what do us pranksters do...

Yup, you got it right, we went out to his truck and untied the buck, and had the buck sitting IN his truck when he got back from his call. I and my partner were conveniently on a call. :ph34r: B)

spike91

Forum Lieutenant
I have a habit of flipping off the master switches in the rigs and flipping the sirens to T3 when someone is about to take the ambulance out for driver training. Gives the trainee and the trainer a nice little jump :D

JPINFV

Gadfly
I have a habit of flipping off the master switches in the rigs and flipping the sirens to T3 when someone is about to take the ambulance out for driver training. Gives the trainee and the trainer a nice little jump :D

I thought you did that to train people to lock the ambulance at facilities.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Or crank the AC all the way up in the winter so after they drop their pt off they get a surprise

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief

I hate that, and think it is stupid and irresponsible.

What kind of people are you likely to find at facilities? Sick people. Fragile people. Frail people. When Big Bob is taking Grandma in to the ER because she doesn't feel well, and they're walking by an ambulance on the way to the ER door, and suddenly that ambulance starts blaring out its siren, Big Bob isn't going to be too happy about the heart attack the shock just induced in Grandma. And the sad part is that the situation isn't really the fault of the person (the ambulance driver) that Big Bob is going to introduce to his Two Big Fists.

There is a time and place for pranks. When innocent people can get caught up in them, that isn't the time or place.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Search function and you will find why some including myself say anyone doing such a thing is very unprofessional.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
My partner slept in after shift change, and left his facebook up. Needless to say.. I changed his status. Bad enough, it made him want to completely delete his fb account. :)

But he then copied a picture of my truck, posted it on Craigslist, (I have a pretty bad@$$ truck) 2002 Chevrolet 1500 HD 6.0 Vortec w/ 3in lift and 33in BFG A/Ts asking $2000 for it. He added my phone number and said call/text between 0200 and 0600 'when I'm getting ready for work.' :glare:

He won that battle, but the war isn't over

spike91

Forum Lieutenant

Why would you scare the :censored::censored::censored::censored: out of the patients, docs and nurses? That's just...retarded.

We never lock ambulances at a facility unless we're going to be writing a PCR there due to narc usage. Otherwise we turn it off and just come back.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
You know US EMS is already viewed rather poorly by the world .... and this just doesn't help.

MTEMTB

Forum Crew Member
Life is too short.
Live, laugh and learn. Because you never know when it will end.

Helped today to put a fence around my best friends grave. She died at age 40.
I look every day for a reason to laugh. Because for 1 year I couldn't find any.

Spirit

Forum Ride Along

that reminds me of a ride along I was doing while still in training. heh, went out to lunch and after we ordered we got a call, well the engine stole our parking spot while we were gone....At the time I had no idea what these guys were up to having only ever ridden in the back and knowing little of the swtiches in the front I asked what he just did as he and his partner were laughing. I was told be quiet and you'll see.

Little did i know....funniest thing I had seen on my rides...well that and the guys at a different station putting clothes in bowls of water in the freezer with the name tag out when people left their shirts on the back of chairs. heh heh

ZVNEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Yup, you got it right, we went out to his truck and untied the buck, and had the buck sitting IN his truck when he got back from his call. I and my partner were conveniently on a call. :ph34r: B)

so it didn't occur to you that the buck would continue to drain a little blood inside the truck? it'd be hilarious if his upholstery was ruined. even better if the meat spoiled because the inside of the truck is warmer than the outside... oh... and the possibilities of the deer having fleas and/or ticks. not to mention the whole breaking and entering thing. You are an idiot.

OP
OP
slb862

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
obviously you have never spent a "WINTER" in northern MN. Glad you don't work on shift with us. No sense of humor and the need for name calling. Nice! :ph34r:

Saytuck99

Forum Crew Member
I have heard stories from medics who have put Nitro paste on ambulance door handles and watched their partners pass out...

MRE

Forum Captain
so it didn't occur to you that the buck would continue to drain a little blood inside the truck? it'd be hilarious if his upholstery was ruined. even better if the meat spoiled because the inside of the truck is warmer than the outside... oh... and the possibilities of the deer having fleas and/or ticks. not to mention the whole breaking and entering thing. You are an idiot.

I agree, absolutely terrible idea. I'm surprised you didn't find an arrow in each one of your tires after that.

alexguy101

Forum Ride Along
Why is it that just about EVERYTHING in the "Humor" section turns out not being very humorous at all?
Most start out funny, but then all end in stupid arguments about this and that. Someone gust needs to start a "B**** and whine" section so you all can do that there instead of on EVERY thread here.
People are just too critical about one another. Clam down geez.
Also, For the critical criticizers, If your so smart, more "professional" than others, and just about know everything there is to know about EMS, then why would you (as a grown adult) resort to namecalling? (ie, "You are an idiot.")

Just my thoughts. Im pretty sure someone will tear my respones to pieces too....

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I knew some firefighters that, when they had a new rookie at their station, after they fell asleep at night, they would wake them up by snapping the ammonia inhalant and sticking it under their nose. They would wake up jolted and jumping out of bed. :wacko: