Justblaze

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone,

I was a EMT for about two years and paramedic for about one year in the city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin for a private company. We did 911 contract based along with critical care transfers and basic transfer homes and hospital to hospital. I then left to work in South carolina now for past 6 months and haven't really enjoyed it that much here.

I am looking to relocate to Nashville, Tn, still have NREMT-P status. Just looking for people to give opinions on good places to work. Place not to work in the Nashville and surrounding areas. I am open to going back to 911, transfer paramedic work or even working as a paramedic in a ER. I have applied to most of the ER in Nashville and haven't heard anything back, going on three weeks since applying.

Any help would be awesome and much appreciated!

terrible one

Always wandering
Nashville Fire? I think their EMS is separate from fire suppression

OP
OP
J

Justblaze

Forum Ride Along
Yeah but I don't believe they are currently hiring at this time. Was looking for in the next 6 months or sooner.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
The privates in the metro Nashville area are usually hiring. Most of the work would be IFT. My impression of them? Low pay, long hours, minimal benefits -- sound familiar? I won't even go into admin issues. You could also check county EMS services -- e.g., Sumner, Robertson, Rutherford, Wilson -- for 911 work. Nontraditional EMS includes places like Opryland and the Nashville Zoo. Not sure if either of those are hiring right now. I worked at Opryland for six years before they cut back operations. If I sound like I don't think any one place stands out, it's because I don't think any one place stands out.

My son works for MedicOne, one of the privates. I know they're hiring. Send me a PM if you want to pursue that with him.

mikeward

Forum Crew Member
Many of the suburban metro Nashville EMS services are county-organized but run by the hospitals - Williamson and Maury Counties.
As mentioned by mgr22 the privates are hiring.
AMR has job openings

terrible one

Always wandering
Well that doesn't sound great. Any good fire / ems places to work in the Nashville area?

OP
OP
J

Justblaze

Forum Ride Along
What about all of the ER paramedic jobs I'm seeing online? We didn't have paramedics work in the ER as paramedics where I'm from. It was a tech position but more of a nurse assistant but wasn't able to help nurse with critical sick patients.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
What about all of the ER paramedic jobs I'm seeing online? We didn't have paramedics work in the ER as paramedics where I'm from. It was a tech position but more of a nurse assistant but wasn't able to help nurse with critical sick patients.
That probably depends on the er. I have worked in a few facilities out in nm as a medic and i did vastly different jobs. One i was operating similar to a nurse and had my own patient load in fast track i was responsible for. I did the assessments, draws, passed meds, etc. I had full scope except intubation as a medic.
Thw other I was a tech and didn't have hardly any responsibilities. You might have ro call the various ers and ask.