EMS helicopter crashes in Minnesota, 3 injured

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I heard the blurb in the radio traffic that said "CPR in progress" and was sick inside. You know every responder on site knew that crew.

It was a darling young 18 yo who heard the crash while he slept, then ran outside and searched the scene, and triaged the victims.

The kid stemmed the bleeding of Miles' lacerated carotid, and preformed CPR when he went into cardiac arrest.

*raises my glass to toast this young man*

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Any updates on the crew conditions? Pretty amazing the Flight Paramedic survived a traumatic cardiac arrest in the first place, huge props to that kid, definitely sounds like he was key to saving his life....
It was a darling young 18 yo who heard the crash while he slept, then ran outside and searched the scene, and triaged the victims.

The kid stemmed the bleeding of Miles' lacerated carotid, and preformed CPR when he went into cardiac arrest.

*raises my glass to toast this young man*

SeeNoMore

Old and Crappy
I am only keeping up with the Paramedic because of the link posted and have not heard anything on the rest of the crew. I got the impression they were significantly less injured? ,The last post was positive considering the severity of his injuries. His wife is showing such amazing strength.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I am only keeping up with the Paramedic because of the link posted and have not heard anything on the rest of the crew. I got the impression they were significantly less injured? ,The last post was positive considering the severity of his injuries. His wife is showing such amazing strength.

Ugh. I just read it again. Doesn't sound like a lot positive there. I've been thinking about this crew a lot. The radio traffic really got me.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Nothing publicly shareable on the pilot or nurse yet, except they're still critical. The airbase was closed yesterday, but reopened today.

Ugh. I just read it again. Doesn't sound like a lot positive there. I've been thinking about this crew a lot. The radio traffic really got me.

Thank you for thinking of them. Miles also worked for a little level 3 hospital up here, the crew (24 EMTs and Medics total) there is completely heartbroken, shaken, and not doing well.

Praying for a divine miracle, hoping he'll have cognitive abilities if he survives.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hell yes!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I've been reading the journal entries everyday. Amazing recovery with an amazingly supportive girl at his side.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Let's move this over to the HEMS forum, due to this being a crash with a survivor. It will be continued on through his recovery.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Brooke stopped by a couple days ago sans Miles. He had OT. She sent out over 300 wedding invites, so that's 300 guests all with a +1. Dissa gonna be awesome, that's gonna be a whole lot of happy people and good juju under one roof. Hopefully there's no MCIs that night, EMS, HEMS and fire has very important plans.

It gets me in my feelers, this could have so easily been a funeral with 300 guests instead of a wedding.

Everyone is thrilled that he's totally off the narcs. It could have gone the other way so easily. We talked about it, perhaps it's our tender female hearts that sympathize with opoid dependent folks, but we were both worried about him suffering from chronic pain. So many people are one back injury, one slip and fall, one broken shoulder away from dependence. But she says there's nothing that 600mgs of an OTC nsaid can't handle. So grateful for that.

She hasn't listened to the audio recording, neither has Miles. She's not sure if she'll ever be able to listen to it. But by very VERY bizarre coincidental circumstances, I was able to briefly view the wrecked bird. She wanted a photo since she wants to make a scrapbook someday. We're a weird breed of professionals, aren't we. It's easy to deal with other people mortality, but not our own.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I feel like I know her after reading the caring Bridge blog. It would make a hell of a book.

And I want to send them a wedding gift.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I feel like I know her after reading the caring Bridge blog. It would make a hell of a book.

And I want to send them a wedding gift.

Throw me a PM, I have a mailing address. I asked Brooke if they registered, she said Miles didn't want to, he just wants everyone to be there at the wedding. Wanna be my date? My spouse is staying home with the kids, I still have a +1 on the RSVP.

Oh, almost forgot, local paper did another story.. <3 http://www.brainerddispatch.com/new...elicopter-crash-out-hospital-ready-work-again