EMS helicopter crashes in Minnesota, 3 injured

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Sigh, ironically enough I had just inquired about the AW109's, and though it may be too early to know if it was weather, mechanical, a combination of both, or numerous other causes, it's yet another unfortunate number added to this already all too common stigma:(

Prayers and wishes to all three crew members and their families.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Sounds like there was quite a bit of fog :-/ too soon to know though. Did you get a chance to listen to the response audio? Difficult to listen to but they did a good job.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery of all three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I saw it on facebook. I will look for a link

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Sigh, ironically enough I had just inquired about the AW109's, and though it may be too early to know if it was weather, mechanical, a combination of both, or numerous other causes, it's yet another unfortunate number added to this already all too common stigma:(

Prayers and wishes to all three crew members and their families.

I'm don't know if it matters, but the pilot wasn't the regular pilot that flies this specific chopper. He was from a different Air Care region and so was the medical crew.

I don't know if different aircraft of the same model have different gremlins or quirks? I'm not a pilot. And if was foggy AF on Friday night. This time of year when the air temp drops at night, the lakes stay warm and they roll off fog so thick it looks like the forest is on fire.

And you know, Lifelink and NMMC EMS might razz the heck out of each other for being "competitors" in the same area, but wow. When things get hairy it's so clear that the patches on your sleeve don't mean a thing. There's a vicious loyalty for one another, it gives me warm fuzzies.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Sounds like there was quite a bit of fog :-/ too soon to know though. Did you get a chance to listen to the response audio? Difficult to listen to but they did a good job.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery of all three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speedy recovery, indeed.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I'm don't know if it matters, but the pilot wasn't the regular pilot that flies this specific chopper. He was from a different Air Care region and so was the medical crew.

I don't know if different aircraft of the same model have different gremlins or quirks
I believe they make reference to it in the audio recording.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Just listened. That's wild.
Any link for the Aircraft comms from the time yet?

SeeNoMore

Old and Crappy
That was incredibly moving to read , all I can think about is my wife coming to my bedside. I can't even imagine what they are going through. Please stay safe everyone. .

SeeNoMore

Old and Crappy
And especially for all the folks new to flight here , please remember this job isn't worth your life! I'm not saying at all that anything was done incorrectly in this case, I don't know the details. There is of course inherent risk in the job. But just in general : ask questions, express concerns, take your role in flight safety very seriously. If you don't feel comfortable , say no. If the program you work for does not support you in this, leave. If they don't seem to care about maintenance , safety concerns etc please leave. I have been uncomfortable several times when new and didn't say anything because I didn't want to seem scared or green. Every time we ended up turning back and aborting the flight - one in particular was a very tense flight back with some very poor weather. It can happen to you.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just got to listen to the audio, it's a hell of a thing to listen to. It's always amazing, no matter the uniform, no matter the patch, we take care of our own.

Summit

Critical Crazy
I couldn't listen to that. I turned it off. The caring bridge lays forth a bleak picture. Best thoughts...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I couldn't listen to that. I turned it off. The caring bridge lays forth a bleak picture. Best thoughts...
I just created an account to read it... that doesn't sound good. At all. I have all the best wishes i can headed to them

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk