EMS Conferences

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Do you attend them? I see the big one is comingup in Baltimore. Just wondering how many people actually go to these

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
I went to EMS World and enjoyed the vast majority of the sessions, just try to pick and choose them... wisely. The vast majority of the vendor exhibits simply weren't of interest to me, but there was a few interesting ones there.

Of course the real benefit of conferences is the ability to network.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I, along with several of my coworkers, ad our competition team... the winners of the gold medal at last years JEMS games, will all be attending. ;)

See you there.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
I have been to a bunch in 5 different states; lots of good classes, great free stuff and the odd class that you offer to let the guy next to you shoot you to get both of you out of it. And that is usually the class that sounds the best when you sign up

Devilz311

Forum Crew Member
I've gone to Baltimore a few years in a row, mainly just to go to the Expo and look at the new products and such.

I had all of my CEU's prior to going, but I think I'm going to actually attend some of the classes next year, since I recert in June.

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
Theres a small one coming up here on cape I want to go to. Its $65, but I figure it will be worth it, plus the CEU's. It will be my first ems conference, but i have been to lots of other types of conferences.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Now, someone told me they cost ten dollars to get in and you can get all sorts of free stuff and phone numbers...where is that rascal...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I, along with several of my coworkers, ad our competition team... the winners of the gold medal at last years JEMS games, will all be attending. ;)

See you there.

We got the bronze in 2010, not sure if we sent anyone last year. Unfortunately can't be there this year either. However next year is a different story. I wouldn't get too attached to that gold medal ;)

Fast and I were talking and decided if there was ever anything good on the West Coast we were going to try to go check it out.

OP
OP
F

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
It can't be that hard to win, I mean heck San Diego won once :rolleyes:

JPINFV

Gadfly
I just want to know why they allow RNs but not physicians to compete.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
Now, someone told me they cost ten dollars to get in and you can get all sorts of free stuff and phone numbers...where is that rascal...

I said it costs $10 to get into the exhibit hall at EMS Today. We usually just go down for a day and do that. Though you can usually score a free pass if you ask one of your vendors.

You do score free stuff. More pens and fridge magnets than you could use in a lifetime. :)

JPINFV

Gadfly
I didn't even know they allowed RNs. Thought it was Mecic/EMT Teams
"I. Team Composition
An eligible team comprises three individuals capable of functioning together or individually in prehospital situations. Examples include paramedics, EMTs, registered nurses and military paramedics.
A. One team member must be a paramedic.
B. A fourth (alternate) team member may be registered with a team (and so designated) and substituted in the event of illness or injury of one of the three primary team members or other reason acceptable to JEMS Games officials.
The alternate must be so identified at the time of registration and may only be substituted with the advance notification and approval of the JEMS Games Coordinator and A.J. Heightman, JEMS Editor-in-Chief.
C. Physicians and physician assistants are not eligible for this competition, even if they also hold EMT or EMTparamedic certification."

Emphasis added.
http://www.emstoday.com/RNA/RNA_EMSToday_v2/docs/2012/JEMS_GAMES_Rules_2012.pdf

OP
OP
F

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
"I. Team Composition
An eligible team comprises three individuals capable of functioning together or individually in prehospital situations. Examples include paramedics, EMTs, registered nurses and military paramedics.
A. One team member must be a paramedic.
B. A fourth (alternate) team member may be registered with a team (and so designated) and substituted in the event of illness or injury of one of the three primary team members or other reason acceptable to JEMS Games officials.
The alternate must be so identified at the time of registration and may only be substituted with the advance notification and approval of the JEMS Games Coordinator and A.J. Heightman, JEMS Editor-in-Chief.
C. Physicians and physician assistants are not eligible for this competition, even if they also hold EMT or EMTparamedic certification."

Emphasis added.
http://www.emstoday.com/RNA/RNA_EMSToday_v2/docs/2012/JEMS_GAMES_Rules_2012.pdf

Ballin

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I have two offspring and a granddaughter. I have plenty of magnets.
Pens? Full up.
How about a free Holter monitor?

xxTriNakedxx

Forum Probie
I am going to the one at Pipestem State Park in West Virginia from February 19-26th. If anyone wants info, go to the West Virginia Office of EMS site and the link for the ESCAPe conference is on the left on the home page. It'll be my first.