Dream exchange program

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
New York City, for the pizza and steak sandwiches. :)

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
I would choose Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban South Africa.

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
I have had a chance to spend time in two of the three cities and think the would be great to work in. A totally different environment than anything that I have seen here.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Hawaii would be at the top of my list. A beachside station would be awesome.

or Australia or New Zealand, maybe Sydney for outside of the US.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Wake Co, ATCEMS, NSW and Sussex Co.

Just for you n7lxi ;)

I love the system I work in now and plan on spending a long time here, I just wish we had a few more things like RSI and CPAP. Oh and stations. SSM can get old, especially if you spend all damn day driving in circles while everyone else runs calls.

Last edited by a moderator:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I third Jo'Berg SA, baring that, one of the HEMS retrieval services in AUS I think...

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
I spent time in Kenya Africa, the most frightening place in the world I have ever been.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Anywhere that it is extremely busy for about 3 months of the year.
then Haiwaii and Alaska for the scenery, and Austraila and New Zealand. on a rotating system so I don't get bored

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Wake Co, ATCEMS, NSW and Sussex Co.

Just for you n7lxi ;)

I love the system I work in now and plan on spending a long time here, I just wish we had a few more things like RSI and CPAP. Oh and stations. SSM can get old, especially if you spend all damn day driving in circles while everyone else runs calls.

I think what makes a "dream system" for one may be totally different for another. For instance, I love that in Sussex, we are ALS chase only, No SSM, have nice stations, work 12 hour shifts, have tons of off time, lots of OT opportunity, decent protocols (with RSI and CPAP) and it's not so busy that you can't catch your breath...

But that may not be what other people want. It all depends on what you need in a system to be happy. For example, some folks mentioned King County Medic one. You couldn't pay me enough to want to work there, but for others it's the end all, be all. When I was looking to leave Washington, I was seriously considering REMSA, but wanted to get back east to be close to my folks. And that whole SSM thing was a deal breaker for me. :)

AirMed44

Forum Probie
My dream location would be tropical that pays me $100,000 a year with unlimited protocols and I work very little. I might be shallow. :rofl:

Oh and a helicopter and a boat and a ferrari chase car. Is that too much to ask?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My dream location would be tropical that pays me $100,000 a year with unlimited protocols and I work very little. I might be shallow. :rofl:

Oh and a helicopter and a boat and a ferrari chase car. Is that too much to ask?

Sign me up. Also, when I respond to a call, I want cool TV theme music to play and I always want to be viewed from my "good side". ;)

Sasha

Forum Chief
Egypt. I want to respond on camel back.

I third or fourth south johannesburg or whatever.

China. Not Hong Kong. Rural.

And wherever they went in the amazing race last night.

Not for the EMS but for the cultural experience.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Obviously those saying Johannesburg, have never been to such a place. Watch what you wish for. I would never wish this place on my enemy.
The things I saw in Africa were beyond description, I can not even write about them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Obviously those saying Johannesburg, have never been to such a place. Watch what you wish for. I would never wish this place on my enemy.
The things I saw in Africa were beyond description, I can not even write about them.

I have actually spent time down there and do know it's not a walk in the park. I have seen terriable things and have read about even worse things but that still doesn't make me want write it off my list.

CCNRMedic1982

Forum Probie
In America. I really like working at MEDIC in Charlotte mecklenburg co.

Other than that. Israel. And anywhere in south America if I could carry an assault rifle.

medicsb

Forum Asst. Chief
I would like to see what Philly or NYC is like. Seems like it could be fun and busy

Philly would be a good place to go to see what it is like to be driven into the ground by calls - it will make most "busy" ambulances seem ssslllllooooooowwwwww. Also PFD has its own special way of doing EMS, so I would recommend a ride along if you had the chance. (I did 5 weeks with PFD for my medic training.)