Do you pack heat?

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
ha don't get me started on assault rifles. They're the worse. Just laying around assaulting everyone.

Couldn't agree more!

But don't forget "high capacity" magazines! Everyone knows that you can't just carry around another to reload with. No, you have to have all the rounds in a "high capacity" one.

Ronmac13

Forum Probie
Couldn't agree more!

But don't forget "high capacity" magazines! Everyone knows that you can't just carry around another to reload with. No, you have to have all the rounds in a "high capacity" one.

Lol there is never enough ammo, that's why I carry with a ammo drum attached.

But in all honesty, my carry rig includes my sd40, a double mag pouch with an extra mag in one pocket, and a raven arms .25 in the other pocket. I need to buy more mags. My next gun purchase is either going to be the a revolver(s&w m&p or ruger lcr) or a metal .45(not sure what model or make).

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Gp100 in the winter
Nice choice of revolver. Currently, I have none in my stable, so to speak. I carry a G23 or a 1911. I may acquire a G27 or a smaller revolver for summer carry... should my current two prove to be less than concealable in the Summer heat.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I can't believe I'm doing this... with my next couple checks I'm setting aside enough money for a G23... I can't believe I'm even considering a .40 Short and Weak:p

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I can't believe I'm doing this... with my next couple checks I'm setting aside enough money for a G23... I can't believe I'm even considering a .40 Short and Weak:p

You getting the homeland security discount?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You getting the homeland security discount?

Of course :) 398 for a compact handgun w/ 3 mags? Hell yes! Although I might wait a little longer to get the G29 instead... Decisions decisions. :p

ghettocowboy

Forum Probie
Nice choice of revolver. Currently, I have none in my stable, so to speak. I carry a G23 or a 1911. I may acquire a G27 or a smaller revolver for summer carry... should my current two prove to be less than concealable in the Summer heat.
yeah summertime will be my problem, I traded in my keltec pocket 9. Id really like to get a snub 38 or even 357

Motojunkie

Forum Lieutenant
Springfield Armory XD subcompact, .40 S&W, Cor-Bon hollow points. Carry everywhere I'm legally allowed to, all year round here in sunny FL.

Motojunkie

Forum Lieutenant
I use two (I carry IWB over my right buttock). One is a cheap Kydex holster that I use for short to medium length trips, it's easy to slip in and out and is reasonably comfortable. On longer excursions or when I know I'll need more comfort I have a Milt Sparks holster that is like butter on my bottom, super comfortable but takes a couple minutes to position correctly.

certguy

Forum Captain
Why pack heat??

I worked San Diego area for 8 years and never felt the need for firepower.That's what cops are for.I found good martial arts knowledge&situational awareness were enough.My partner&I covered each other.THOU SHALT NOT MESS WITH MY PARTNER!!!

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I worked San Diego area for 8 years and never felt the need for firepower.That's what cops are for.I found good martial arts knowledge&situational awareness were enough.My partner&I covered each other.THOU SHALT NOT MESS WITH MY PARTNER!!!
Good martial arts knowledge and awareness can only protect you for so long. Also, when you're not out and about on the bus, you're not likely to have cops on hand before a problem finds you. I carry precisely because I can't carry a cop in my pocket.

As to holsters, I carry using a Don Hume slide holster with a thumb break when carrying OWB and either a CTAC or MTAC holster from Comp-Tac for inside waistband carry. I find the MTAC is very comfortable, even with a heavy 1911 on my hip. The CTAC is a close second. I've heard some very good things about Milt Sparks for all leather holsters.

Yes, Concealed Carry is a lifestyle. You learn to dress around the gun. It can be a HUGE lifestyle change. It all starts with coming to realize that I am responsible for my own safety.

RockDoc

Forum Probie
Springfield Armory XD subcompact, .40 S&W, Cor-Bon hollow points. Carry everywhere I'm legally allowed to, all year round here in sunny FL.

I was in St. Petersburg 2 weeks ago on a boat at a marina. We woke up to the sounds of multiple gunshots less than a block away, sounded like a war. Found out later that 2 officers were dead and 1 US Marshal wounded. From what I saw about the neighborhood we were in, a concealed carry could almost be a requirement for ones personal safety.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Well said...
I've been looking for a good waistband holster

IWB holster?
Galco makes a kickass one I use with my G27. You can't even tell I'm carrying when I am in shorts and a t shirt.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
I was in St. Petersburg 2 weeks ago on a boat at a marina. We woke up to the sounds of multiple gunshots less than a block away, sounded like a war. Found out later that 2 officers were dead and 1 US Marshal wounded. From what I saw about the neighborhood we were in, a concealed carry could almost be a requirement for ones personal safety.

They were ambushed. SPPD tore down the house to get the perp. He was Signal 7.