Do you pack heat?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Meh, considering when I get my reloading setup completed, I can make the 10mm do anything I want it to do (from .40 levels to full power NORMA loadings w/ 220gr JHP to the double rounds like DoubleTap sells), I'll stick with 10mm being my primary caliber :) And since I just found a site where I can buy conversion barrels for the Witness, the G23 just got put on hold. I'll just start saving for the slides and barrels to make my 10mm Witness into a 9mm, .22LR, .45ACP, .40SW, .357SIG, and 9x25 Dillon :)
10mm is a very versatile cartridge. The 10mm FBI load was the genesis of the .40 S&W. It was quickly realized that some people just couldn't handle the full-house 10mm, so it was down-loaded and from there, it was quickly realized that less case capacity would work fine... and the rest is history.

Full-house 10mm loads are supposed to equal the .41 magnum... in an autoloader.

Have fun with it!

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
So, I've decided to build an AR-15 from scratch, and I've finally decided on the (stripped) lower reciever I want. :)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
So, just a quick question here. I've been wanting to buy a Mauser K98K and I was wondering if anybody knew anything about them?

Tommerag

What day is it?
So, I've decided to build an AR-15 from scratch, and I've finally decided on the (stripped) lower reciever I want. :)

I didn't build mine from scratch, but needless to say that is my baby.

This is my dads most recent purchase.

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=666&category=Revolver&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=41

Conversation between my parents.

Mom: Why did you get another new gun?
Dad: Because I wanted it.
Mom: Well you already have enough guns the way it is, why do you need another?
Dad: Because I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotfyre

Forum Ride Along
There's a California site that takes this very seriously, and you might find some people down your way that share the shooting passion. While CalGuns is a large site, they're not exactly the safest place for advice. If you're not already on CalCCW, I suggest you check out that site. Great site for California-specific CCW.

Been a member for 2 years and had Greg look over my GC before I turned it in. I thought your name looked familure for some reason. Carry Safe.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Been a member for 2 years and had Greg look over my GC before I turned it in. I thought your name looked familiar for some reason. Carry Safe.
I've known Greg for several years now... 5 or 6 by now. Greg is a wonderful resource for this topic. If you get a chance, take a class with him. I haven't been able to as he's normally about 400 miles away. Not exactly a day trip thing. :p Next trip I take down there will likely include a class or two of his.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Oh great.... you've been infected by the Lego AR-15 virus... ;)

Have fun!