Do you keep your own personal jump bag

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
Mine has mostly bandaids and bigger bandaids for boo boos of all kinds.

I didnt have a bandaid strong enouth for his bleed but small enough for his forehead.

medicaltransient

Forum Lieutenant
Just gloves as well. I will stop if I witness a crash and it seems to be bad though I have not yet. I will call 911 and request and engine to block traffic if I see a crash.

TimRaven

Forum Crew Member
I made a few IFAK style trauma kits myself with TQ, pressure dressing, hemostaic agents, and occlusive dressing since I am a competition shooter and backpacker when not working.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
we were in the middle of nowhere- limited resources. He bled through 3 bandaids in about 2 minutes and i had to get him home 20 mns away. realize that I dont have near the experience you guys have and i dis t want blood streaming down his face the entire time. Im going off pure class at this point.
So direct pressure?

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I tried for 20 minutes and another 15 at home.
Fair enough. I don't want it to seem like we're trying to discourage you at all. It's good that you're new and enthusiastic, and it's cool that you already used some of the gauze you carry. Most of us don't carry anything, but if you're more comfortable keeping a few pieces of gauze around for your kids, more power to you.

Amelia

I'm not disgruntled. I hope what it really is, are lessons on critically thinking, rather than its because you guys don't like me. Critical thinking is education! And about the jump kit, my boys are hell on wheels. They are soooo rambunctious, and we're outside all of the time, they're a little too brave, and my oldest isnt the most graceful thing on two legs- plus he has major allergies so I'm a walking pharmacy anyway. What's a few more things, eh? I am very passionate about this and you don't want to hear about my entire life story, but just trust me- I honest-to-God think this is where I"m supposed to be.

Run with scissors

Forum Lieutenant
I honest-to-God think this is where I"m supposed to be.
good, just don't get cocky. for some reason. the person with puffiest chest is the one that gets crushed under a rock - figuratively speaking :)

Amelia

I dont think Ive been cocky a day in my life... Lol. Proud of my accomplishments, sure, but never cocky.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
I put my CPR mask in my glove box 7 years ago when I was initially certified. Its still there.

I have a commercial first aid kit stashed with my camp/hiking gear + SAM splint because my wife has a less than stable ankle.

If I had kids I would probly keep some roller gauze and tape around.

RedAirplane

Forum Asst. Chief
I put my CPR mask in my glove box 7 years ago when I was initially certified. Its still there.

I have a commercial first aid kit stashed with my camp/hiking gear + SAM splint because my wife has a less than stable ankle.

If I had kids I would probly keep some roller gauze and tape around.

Check your CPR mask. The plastic seal can deflate slowly over time, as I have found out. Or do you have some really nice kind I'm not aware of? :)

RedAirplane

Forum Asst. Chief
Or just do hands only CPR. Unless they code right next to your glove box...

It was for this reason I was issued a little keyring with a cling-wrap face shield. Although, I'd probably be on compressions before I'd be worrying about trying to unzip that thing.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Check your CPR mask. The plastic seal can deflate slowly over time, as I have found out. Or do you have some really nice kind I'm not aware of? :)
Not really worried about it. I've done CPR 3 times off duty and never got to my glove box...too busy

Amelia

Hey people who were making fun of me.... On a trailhead came cross a guy who looked like he had been in a pretty good fight. Guess what? I patched him up.

Amelia

I had 1 moment. Everyone is entitled for 1 moment. Its not my constant personality.