Do you keep your own personal jump bag

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
image.jpg

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
Come on- it was my very first non-kid patient ever.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey people who were making fun of me.... On a trailhead came cross a guy who looked like he had been in a pretty good fight. Guess what? I patched him up.

Do you carry a fanny pack?

Deftones

Forum Probie
I keep a day pack with basic care and hiking supplies, like trauma pads, gauze, tape, splinting materials (w/ a SAM splint), PPE, basic tools like trauma sheers, stethoscope, basic medications (Tums, Tylenol, and some ointments for rashes), and more. However, I'm not Ricky Rescue. I go off road, hike through remote trails, and kayak through some pretty wooded areas. I'd rather have the basics than be unprepared out in the woods. It's more than just a med bag and it is rarely used so I think I'm safe from the pitchforks. :p

In my Jeep, all I keep is my phone and a few pairs of surgical gloves. There's a nice boo boo bus full of special supplies and special people that I can summon.;)

Jason

Medic
I carry a bag with me on the truck that is mine with just some extra stuff ... like my stethoscope, pens, protocol book. I figure (and hope) that the truck I'm on will have everything I need otherwise, especially after I have checked it out. However, I do have a bag in my car - that stays in my car - just in case some bandages are needed or I need to do First Aid outside of squad duty.