Do all paramedics think they are the know all end all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
No. That's my answer :)

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
What I consider that is really scary is his autograph...when venting and commenting about a higher level....

"NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF IDIOTS IN LARGE GROUPS"...

R/r 911

Last edited by a moderator:

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
TCERT said:
Oh, and one last thing, correlation does not equal causation: all paragods are paramedics, but not all paramedics are paragods. Please don't confuse the two.

BEST. POST. EVER.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, I have noticed (not like it is hard) that alot of paramedics think they are the " know all,end all" and that emt-b's are pieces of crap. Like emt-b's are more of an annoyance to the public than a value. Ofcourse the D.O.T. hasnt gotten this memo yet because they still sanction and mandate EMT-B's. I wish some of the godlike paramedics would apply for a position in the D.O.T. because they are obviously much more intelligent than the people already in place because the know all para. have several years personal knowledge and the D.O.T. only has several decades and many datasets in which to glean their knowledge. Heres the bottom lineon a human level and not from a medical viewpoint.... To all of the Para. tat like to bash EMT-B's: Get your head out of the clouds! How do you think nurses and M.d.'s speak of you? The same way you speak of EMT's. Also, if you are busy pointing out EMT's shortcomings you obviously think you have " arrived" and are no longer learning , and guess what.....YOU are putting people in danger with your know all attitude. Not the EMT. If your EMT is lacking, help them. DOnt come here and talk about how dumb they are.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.......

littlestory.jpg

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
06-15-06cotwmd.jpg

islandgal

Forum Crew Member
Nothing with this thread-the beautiful women with the incredibly cute kids. His bike helmet is not fitted correctly.:)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I think it's time to close this one. :)

OP
OP
L

Luckydogg0404

Forum Probie
A little clarity never hurt anyone

I think the ones that decided to try and belittle should maybe read the post again " Do all paramedics think they are the know all end all" or maybe just the title would be sufficient. Now, if it were titled " All paramedic..." now that would imply stereotyping. Kinda looked like a question didnt it? Hmmmm. I have met very few medics and the majority were very condescending even in a simple "off-call" conversation, thus the reason I ASKED the question. Was looking for a little feedback. I got it,lol. To the ones who fedback with a helpful reply, thank you. To the others...if I offended I apologize, but there was never any stereotyping made.
P.S. to the guy that thinks the sig. is funny due to the contents of the thread.... explain that to me,lmao

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Here in Tx you dont..Im going for FF all you need to do is pass the written then the agility they put you through FF and EMT training I already have my EMT so I just need to do the agility part and get put on the "List" some places are funny like that

Summit

Critical Crazy
"Are all paramedics meanie knowitalls?"

Don't read the "poor little me got jumped for an honest earnest question" sob speech.

You are a n00b who made a stupid post and got *****slapped for it. Welcome to the internet. Welcome to EMS.

Deal, learn, and move on... if you can't, move out.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Nicely spoken.........

Gee and it wasn't even from one of those condescending Paramedic types....

Hey Lucky, again welcome to the world of online forums. It is really hard to backtrack when you come on as strong as you did. Based on your posts, I actually could see why medics speak to you the way they allegedly have. Maybe a little less attitude on you r part may promote a more positive session of interpersonal communications.

fyrdog

Forum Lieutenant
They closed the other tread right when it was getting good. :p .

I wasn't offended be the orginal post just having some fun with the fact that EMTs and Paramedics sometimes step on each other with out realizing it. For those that are the overbearing type :p

OP
OP
L

Luckydogg0404

Forum Probie
I have obviously found the guilty parties. Please keep posting,lol.

OP
OP
L

Luckydogg0404

Forum Probie
I would like to thank you all for your personal advice. I will most definitely put away all personal beliefs and instantly adhere to the suggestions of my peers. Awesome stuff. I only wish I had found you earlier. My life would have been so much more fulfilling up to this point. *Sigh*
Dr. Phil look out....you have competition. It was an obvservation, if the shoe fits thn by all means.... The explanations posted as to why some paramedics act like they do were welcomed, but personal advice you can keep. I do not have the gold available to trade for such invaluable life guidance.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Hmmm I was anything but on your case in the other thread...

Oh_the_Drama.jpg

Gosh... everone is wrong... and you... well you are the most badass knowitall JONG I've come across. Kudos! Please continue to antagonize the board instead of eating your humble pie. I'm sure your astute strategy of playing the victim while antagonizing others will continue to win you friends in this community.

impress_failed.jpg

Here's a little hint you might realize if you took some time to learn about this place. If you have RidRyder ripping you a new bodily orifice (not to mention the rest of this otherwise unusually peaceful forum), you have *definately* made a *leeetle* faux pas...

OP
OP
L

Luckydogg0404

Forum Probie
Well, I am probably not really concerned with making friends on the internet via a website. Although I will make the friends I make I will probably not obsess over the friends made or lost over the web. I can only aspire to be so pathetic, but thanks for your concern. I find this amusing . Please keep the mentallity that the internet will make a meaningful difference in the lives of forum posters. It makes for very entertaining consideration.:p

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Careful, Lucky. While you may not subscribe to the "poster" mentality (I don't, hell, most of us don't, so don't make this a name game), you are treading a very thin line with the etiquette of this forum.

Luckydogg0404 said:
I can only aspire to be so pathetic, but thanks for your concern.

Dr. Phil look out....you have competition.

I think the ones that decided to try and belittle should maybe read the post again.

Yeah, all of those, not so friendly. If you came here looking for advice, to learn things, to "make friends," then you are doing a poor job of presenting yourself as a person to take seriously on any level.

Here's a question for you: why did you join this forum if you can't understand the give and take of opinions, suggestions, criticisms, etc.?

And here's a tip, get over the fact that you've got people who do not share your view or appreciate your "scathing wit." If you want to post here, then post, but be prepared for people to give you their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.