Diving accident video

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
I am never ,never going to dive off of anything again. That was shocking!
How could they have tubed him in that mess? And secured it?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks for that site.

I had the video and kept posting it on Facebook, but they kept taking it down. Everyone was asking for a host site where they could view it and save it...good work.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Fairly disturbing video.

Does anybody know if he survived?

OP
OP
Melclin

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
Re the tubing

One of my lecturers presented a case study of a job he did that was very similar to this. Attempted shotgun suicide.

Said once he got past the "Oh my god where do I start" thoughts, the management wasn't actually that complicated. He tubed simply by lifting up a flap of skin (which he said may have been his tongue...it was hard to tell). Other than that he kept him sedated (both because of the tube, and because the guy was conscious when he got to him, as was this poor :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:) treated for shock, although he wasn't bleeding a lot apparently.

His pt died a few days later in ICU as did this bloke.

OP
OP
Melclin

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
Chicken piziola sub....chicken pieces smothered in marinara sauce on a bed of salami....it seems more anatomically accurate somehow....its also delicious.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Me hungry.

I was eating lunch when I watched it. Matter of fact, most of my crewmates were. We all though it was a cool vid.

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
i wonder if those were voluntary movements of any sort when he was in the ER. or was that just his body twitching?

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
And there's the doctor, hands gloved, supporting either side of the guy's face and OPENING AND CLOSING THE GAP! You know the soundtrack is going, "Hey, check this OUT! He's Vertically Hinged... Oops, that's un-hinged...wait a minute; THERE! he's hinged again!!!!!"

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I am never ,never going to dive off of anything again. That was shocking!
How could they have tubed him in that mess? And secured it?
If he's still bleeding badly, aim for the bubbles. Otherwise, it appears that he didn't sustain injury to his larynx. In his case, you wouldn't need the laryngoscope.

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
i wonder if those were voluntary movements of any sort when he was in the ER. or was that just his body twitching?

And there's the doctor, hands gloved, supporting either side of the guy's face and OPENING AND CLOSING THE GAP! You know the soundtrack is going, "Hey, check this OUT! He's Vertically Hinged... Oops, that's un-hinged...wait a minute; THERE! he's hinged again!!!!!"

I was wondering the same thing.