Difference between a B and a I

mkfountain

Forum Ride Along
I am a EMT-I in Georgia. Here it is hard to get hired unless you are a I.
In Georgia all you can do as a B is drive, CPR, give oxygen, basic airways, but no iv, no advanced airways. In your state what is the difference and what can you do as a B or I

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
bangHeadAgainstWall.gif
\
untitled.jpg

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
As far as I know (And according to Missouri's EMS page), EMT-I's aren't recognized in Missouri. An 'I' wanting to reciprocate will receive a Missouri Basic license.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
KEVD is a PC user! I thought we discussed this already. Mac is superior.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
no chance.

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Kevd I tried to close the screen under your headbanger but couldnt sorry!!!

Yea I'm an I in georgia as well and this thread really
got pounded a while back, so what part of GA are you from?

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
mac are more expensive in every catagory. hardware, software, non universal accessories. the whole lot.

sorry, but i can get a machine with at least the same if not more performance for half the price. im not down with paying 1200 bucks for a 700 dollar computer.

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
Oddest threadjack ever?

I concur....Now when someone actually searches for B's and I's they will in turn see PC's and Mac's lol

EDIT:

Just had an idea for a commercial

"Hi, I'm a Basic"
"And I'm an Intermediate"......

Last edited by a moderator:

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
well theres no point in reviving the flame under this debate again so we might as well talk about something useful

oh, and nobody actually searches, so we dont have to worry about confusing people

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
mac are more expensive in every catagory. hardware, software, non universal accessories. the whole lot.

sorry, but i can get a machine with at least the same if not more performance for half the price. im not down with paying 1200 bucks for a 700 dollar computer.

You get what you pay for. You couldn't pay me to use Vista.

I'm happy to spend $800 on my Mac and have a machine free of viruses, spyware, errors, crashing, blue screens, incompatibilities, etc etc etc.

Scout

Para-Noid
HAHA you use IE LOL

On the mac front they have their place in graffic design and music.

Now linux has a future

firecoins

IFT Puppet
B is a consonant.

I is a vowel

Sasha

Forum Chief
PC for life.

*Sideways peace sign*

JPINFV

Gadfly
If Macs are so great, why are they using Microsoft Office?

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
If Macs are so great, why are they using Microsoft Office?

You don't have to. Microsoft just happens to make it for the Mac because there are many Mac users- certainly more than ever before.

However one does not need to use MS Office. Apple produces a word processor app and a presentation app which- by every critical review, including Mossberg- shows that it's leaps and bounds better than MS Office. In addition you can use Open Office (free), AbiWord (free), StarOffice, etc on the Mac. OpenOffice opens MS Office files and saves them in the same format.

For a few years I had an entirely MS free computer. Now I do use the new version of MS Office as they gave it to us for free in school. But I'd NEVER pay for it.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
I have one computer running on windows XP but that's the only microsoft product I use. I use open office and various other free programs to do everything microsoft can do. My other 2 computers are running linux ubuntu. I would run all three on linux as 95% of what I do is supported but there's a few every now and then type programs that don't support linux. I hope linux starts getting more support from software developers to really throw a curve ball at both mac and microsoft.