Did you guys still get the "college" experience?

Hill

Forum Crew Member
im going to enroll in an emt basics program next fall. 2017 senior (whoop) I know the program really isn't that long for emt-b, I plan on going straight to emt -I next. I live in Atlanta, I'm still doing plenty of research but the question is do you guys think you missed out on the college life because of the fast paced program?

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
What is your end-goal? To be a medic/nurse/physician? If yes to any of them, don't bother w/ an intermediate cert.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
What is your end-goal? To be a medic/nurse/physician? If yes to any of them, don't bother w/ an intermediate cert.
Eh. Somewhat necessary in Georgia.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
What do you mean by "college life"? Do you mean getting hammered every night and waking up hung over every morning? If that is a deciding factor as to whether or not you sign up for a program, perhaps you should consider why you're going to college in the first place.

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
There I go making assumptions about places.

To add onto what redundantbassist posted. The "college life", isn't. You won't care about what you think you will miss in college while you are training for a job/career, or at least shouldn't.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I managed to have the "college experience" during medic school, so you can surely do it during basic. But it also depends on what your college experience is. Mine is getting hammered once a year maybe (because that is only fun til it's not) and spending many nights fishing the river til 2 am or hitting the fishing holes I know after class with one of my best friends (always fun).

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
im going to enroll in an emt basics program next fall. 2017 senior (whoop) I know the program really isn't that long for emt-b, I plan on going straight to emt -I next. I live in Atlanta, I'm still doing plenty of research but the question is do you guys think you missed out on the college life because of the fast paced program?
A twice a week class at community college isn't going to give you much of a college experience, regardless of that means to you.

OP
OP
H

Hill

Forum Crew Member
I managed to have the "college experience" during medic school, so you can surely do it during basic. But it also depends on what your college experience is. Mine is getting hammered once a year maybe (because that is only fun til it's not) and spending many nights fishing the river til 2 am or hitting the fishing holes I know after class with one of my best friends (always fun).
Well, I'm not a heavy drink nor do I like fish. But I live in Atlanta so I'll find something

Arovetli

Forum Captain
Some private services in GA take B's...some of the struggling services down south. Look into Grady's program or some of the private services in GA that run their own training....there's ways to get EMS education here without the standard community college tour...Emory and Mercer both have EMS education programs for students/pre health...pretty solid deal...but private school tuition, of course...

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
maybe if you take EMT as an elective as part of a degree, otherwise no way Jose

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?