Cover letter AMR

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Let me give you the low down on AMR. It's easy to get a job but lasting 20 years is hard. The current CEO "Ted" owns an ambulance company in partnership with a retired cop outside of AMR called "Arizona Ambulance" that is mostly IFT out of Sierra Vista AZ. Its not owned by AMR what so ever but uses River Medical (AMR) for dispatch. AMR is a good company buts it's what you make of it. AMR is owned by Envision Healthcare and Envision Healthcare also owns Rural Metro. AMR and Rural are two separate companies so you can't just transfer between the two. It easy to transfer between divisions inside AMR if you have put in your time. I have worked in operations for AMR for a while in multiple states feel free to ask any questions.
The first part of your post is not related to anything related to AMR Colorado/Wyoming.

AMR has operations in Pueblo, Fremont, El Paso, Denver, Jefferson, and Boulder counties in CO, as well as Cheyenne Wyoming. They are all run independently but fall under the same general manager. Then it's to EMSC...

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
Also our hiring process is all computer based looking for key words then HR reviewed so cover letters are pretty worthless lol.

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
The first part of your post is not related to anything related to AMR Colorado/Wyoming.

AMR has operations in Pueblo, Fremont, El Paso, Denver, Jefferson, and Boulder counties in CO, as well as Cheyenne Wyoming. They are all run independently but fall under the same general manager. Then it's to EMSC...

I know and our corporate office is out of Greenwood Village. Funny thing is "Ted" the CEO lives in Texas lol.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I know and our corporate office is out of Greenwood Village. Funny thing is "Ted" the CEO lives in Texas lol.
The proximity of the corporate office does not seem to affect the local ops, they seem to be run just like the ones I was familiar with in MA.

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
The proximity of the corporate office does not seem to affect the local ops, they seem to be run just like the ones I was familiar with in MA.

You are absolutely correct. AMR is pretty uniformed across the board as far as standards. AMR will not however sink money into losing markets and would rather close up shop. Case in point Los Angeles.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Oh cool nice. Do u work as an EMT? When was that they no longer do any classes at CU. it's all in Longmont now

It was back in 2008 during fall semester. I've been a Paramedic for going on 5 years now. Didn't stay as an EMT for very long, only about a year then did EMT-I then Paramedic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I work very casually for AMR boulder but used to be FT there for along time.

You should change your name, BTW