Cover letter AMR

Galen Stanger

Forum Probie
Open to any thoughts on my cover letter for AMR Colorado. I am a new EMT

Galen Stanger
(personal info removed)

To Whom It May Concern

I am responding to the EMT Basic position in Boulder CO, posted on the AMR website November 24th 2016.

I am an NREMT as of December 8th. I am a hard working, motivated and loyal person. I can't help but always be helping people and caring for them. So through your company I would make it my goal to care for people in need as my EMT responsibilities require, and continue to uphold the standard of AMR. When things need to be done I jump in and get them done. I am a team player.

I am capable of following protocols and direction. With my training from Front Range Community College I look forward, if given the chance, to grow and learn from your direction. I am ready to jump in and approach every step and challenge head on. I will take the knowledge I have and bring it all to the table. I am confident in your company growing and shaping me into a better EMT through experience.

I look forward to discussing this employment opportunity more with you. I hope you strongly consider giving me the chance to join your company. I’m happy to discuss any more information if you would like. You may contact me via phone or email. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this.

Sincerely,
Galen Stanger

Last edited by a moderator:

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Cover letter is decent, but I'm pretty sure they use an electronic application these days.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
From our rules:
  • Participants may not post email addresses, physical addresses, phone numbers, other screennames or any other methods of contact. Such information should be set up in your profile, or communicated to another member via the Private Message (PM) or Email feature.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Anything u would do, add, or take way to make it better?
Give an example of how you are a team player. Eliminate your certification date it's irrelevant in a cover letter. I'm not familiar with your EMT school, so unless it has a stellar reputation in the local area and is known to be a feeder into AMR for the area leave it out.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
A cover letter for AMR? Man, OP you sure are professional.

In all seriousness, maybe if I summon up @akflightmedic you two can have a PM pow-wow. He's an excellent resource for this kind of stuff, and offers his help up in private frequently, TMK.

Either way good luck man, and it's cool you're asking for this kind of advice. It shows you kind of give a crap, which is quite refreshing these days so, good luck:).

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I just submitted my résumé when I applied with no cover letter. You sir are fancy.

OP
OP
G

Galen Stanger

Forum Probie
A cover letter for AMR? Man, OP you sure are professional.

In all seriousness, maybe if I summon up @akflightmedic you two can have a PM pow-wow. He's an excellent resource for this kind of stuff, and offers his help up in private frequently, TMK.

Either way good luck man, and it's cool you're asking for this kind of advice. It shows you kind of give a crap, which is quite refreshing these days so, good luck:).
Oh ok cool good to know its not needed. I guess from what it sounds AMR is easy to get a job at but I'm a newbie and have no idea what I'm doing so I'm going all out. Thanks! Ha I do give a crap Too bad that's hard to come by these days. Thanks for all the help and advice guys! Fingers crossed!!!

OP
OP
G

Galen Stanger

Forum Probie
Give an example of how you are a team player. Eliminate your certification date it's irrelevant in a cover letter. I'm not familiar with your EMT school, so unless it has a stellar reputation in the local area and is known to be a feeder into AMR for the area leave it out.
Hey thanks will do. The school I went to has a good rep for the Boulder Longmont area so I thought I'd throw it in. Most 5 of the EMT's in Longmont went there.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Oh ok cool good to know its not needed. I guess from what it sounds AMR is easy to get a job at but I'm a newbie and have no idea what I'm doing so I'm going all out. Thanks! Ha I do give a crap Too bad that's hard to come by these days. Thanks for all the help and advice guys! Fingers crossed!!!
AMR in Colorado (Denver excluded) is not easy to get a job at...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Good to know. Are there any other places it would be good to apply for?
Not sure where you're located or how far you are willing to travel, but I don't think there are lot of other options in the Boulder area besides AMR. It might just take a try or too. Lots of private services in Denver, I don't much about any of them. Once worked for ActionCare...meh.

OP
OP
G

Galen Stanger

Forum Probie
Not sure where you're located or how far you are willing to travel, but I don't think there are lot of other options in the Boulder area besides AMR. It might just take a try or too. Lots of private services in Denver, I don't much about any of them. Once worked for ActionCare...meh.
I'm by Longmont. I'd be willing to go to Denver if that's the only place I can get on at first.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I went to FRCC in Longmont for my EMT-B. Well it was through FRCC but on CU's campus. The rest of my classes were in Longmont though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Galen Stanger

Forum Probie
I went to FRCC in Longmont for my EMT-B. Well it was through FRCC but on CU's campus. The rest of my classes were in Longmont though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh cool nice. Do u work as an EMT? When was that they no longer do any classes at CU. it's all in Longmont now

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
Let me give you the low down on AMR. It's easy to get a job but lasting 20 years is hard. The current CEO "Ted" owns an ambulance company in partnership with a retired cop outside of AMR called "Arizona Ambulance" that is mostly IFT out of Sierra Vista AZ. Its not owned by AMR what so ever but uses River Medical (AMR) for dispatch. AMR is a good company buts it's what you make of it. AMR is owned by Envision Healthcare and Envision Healthcare also owns Rural Metro. AMR and Rural are two separate companies so you can't just transfer between the two. It easy to transfer between divisions inside AMR if you have put in your time. I have worked in operations for AMR for a while in multiple states feel free to ask any questions.