Cop arrests firefighter while on-scene!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Good for him, we had seen this earlier in the year. Shameful, that it was not more and the funds would have to come from the Police Division.

R/r 911

Levinoss

Forum Crew Member
Pulled away a man extracting a pt from a vehicle? >.< What was he thinking?

ChargerGirl

Forum Crew Member
thats horrible. i wonder what office/dept. politics are like over there if there is a police vs fire attitude? or maybe just one guy being a jerk?

medtech681

Forum Ride Along
i dont doubt it would happen where i live, our com center dispatches pd to all our fire incidents before our fd is is dispatched and we are not even called for mva's unless requested by the pd

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
we are not even called for mva's unless requested by the pd

this part i completely agree with. the vast majority of traffic collisons are legal matters, not medical.

cops should be sent to all crash scenes. medical to follow if they are needed and fire only if there is a need for them. nothing makes less sense to me than an engine company going for a joy ride to a crash scene when they arent needed. the only reason they do it it to rack up call volume so they can justify there budget.

Levinoss

Forum Crew Member
this part i completely agree with. the vast majority of traffic collisons are legal matters, not medical.

cops should be sent to all crash scenes. medical to follow if they are needed and fire only if there is a need for them. nothing makes less sense to me than an engine company going for a joy ride to a crash scene when they arent needed. the only reason they do it it to rack up call volume so they can justify there budget.

Buddy I played WoW with would always say "Be right back 15-20 mins" always some really lame call that they weren't really needed on. It's slow on his base so I guess it gives them something to do other then watching TV. :p

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
Buddy I played WoW with would always say "Be right back 15-20 mins" always some really lame call that they weren't really needed on. It's slow on his base so I guess it gives them something to do other then watching TV. :p

at the cost of fuel(remember when diesel was almost 5/gal), increased wear and tear on the piece, increased inconvience/danger to the general public from the rtesponding apparatus, etc.

Levinoss

Forum Crew Member
at the cost of fuel(remember when diesel was almost 5/gal), increased wear and tear on the piece, increased inconvience/danger to the general public from the rtesponding apparatus, etc.

I worked industrial construction and you wouldn't believe how much diesel was just thrown away every shift running stuff that should just be turned off. I hate when number crunchers try to cut back but when it comes to thing's like gas just think of all the resources/money we could save cutting back just a little. Off topic I know...:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:

RailFan77

Forum Crew Member
Besides the monetary judgement, was there any actions taken against the police officer (i.e. suspension)?

Levinoss

Forum Crew Member
Where did you read about the monetary award?

Live leak had this

"02-14-2008 Hazelwood
A police officer in Hazelwood will have to pay $18,000 dollars for getting into it with a firefighter while he was trying to help an accident victim.

His attorney says he's disappointed and that his client's conduct was not malicious in any way.

Police dash cam video shows the Hazelwood police officer arresting a fire captain while he's trying to move an injured dr More..iver.

It happened on Interstate 270 back in May of 2003.

Officer Todd Greeves wanted a fire truck moved to open up another lane of traffic.

The Robertson Fire Protection District Captain wanted the truck there to protect emergency workers.
"
Full video
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=233_1203031330

Last edited by a moderator:

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
Off topic I know...:wacko:

lets get back on topic please.

conversely, if "topics" arent really your thing, feel free to visit the wandering directionless thread. no on topic posts are allowed.

flhtci01

Forum Captain
Anyone see the irony that the arresting officer is the one getting fined?

RailFan77

Forum Crew Member
lets get back on topic please.

conversely, if "topics" arent really your thing, feel free to visit the wandering directionless thread. no on topic posts are allowed.

Let's get a life please.

Looks like it was just one post and someone wanted to make a quick point they had on their mind while discussing something similar. Being it's said and done...why B**ch about it. Why not move on yourself and keep the conversation going rather than complain all tie time.

Very simple...if you don't like what people do...and always complain....why come on here.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
Let's get a life please.

Looks like it was just one post and someone wanted to make a quick point they had on their mind while discussing something similar. Being it's said and done...why B**ch about it. Why not move on yourself and keep the conversation going rather than complain all tie time.

Very simple...if you don't like what people do...and always complain....why come on here.

it was a joke chief. calm yoursefl. have an ativan, smoke a butt, whatever. just learn how to interpret humor.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
Let's get a life please.

oh, and id like to see you give the same response to any of the mods who say the samething(but being serious) on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.