Cop arrests firefighter while on-scene!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I guess you guys missed the part where I said "Officer should have gone about it in a totally different way".

I didn't miss that part. You put an argument out there. If people disagree with it, they will counter the points we disagree with. Yes the officer should have done something different.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Some states have FD in command of MVA scenes and some have EMS in charge, if there is injuries. I personally do not know many that have PD in charge of the rescue scene.

In the last two states that I have lived in, that officer would have lost his job and a lot more!

And in some states it is law that is in charge.

Does anybody know which one of the three types the state in question was?

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh this is good...

He said he had arrested Wilson for impeding traffic flow and failing to obey his lawful order.
http://firefightingnews.com/article-US.cfm?articleID=45206

Translation: "You didn't listen to me and you made me feel less manly. I have a badge and gun so now you're gonna be arrested! Waaaa waaaa."

This is why police have way too much power. I am SO glad the captain won.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Mary Ann Medler has already ruled that Greeves did not have probable cause to arrest Wilson, and that under state law, "Captain Wilson and his crew were entitled to park their fire engine irrespective of the traffic laws and/or city ordinances."

The FD can park where they want. It's not an arrestable offense. This is according to a federal judge.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Honestly, BOTH were in the right.

Technically, the firefighter DID break the law, and there is no 2 ways about that.

No he didn't. No 2 ways about it. Read this:

U.S. Magistrate Judge Mary Ann Medler has already ruled that Greeves did not have probable cause to arrest Wilson, and that under state law, "Captain Wilson and his crew were entitled to park their fire engine irrespective of the traffic laws and/or city ordinances."
http://firefightingnews.com/article-US.cfm?articleID=45206

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
I'm very familiar with this incident since I live only a 15 minutes from where this took place. The police department ( Hazelwood ) is a small community located in the north county of St. Louis County. Typical small city community cops with some that are very over zealous in their line of work. I lived in Hazelwood a long time ago for a spell and Hazelwood has always had somewhat of a reputation for some of their police officers.

Hazelwood is a dying community with a shifting population from good citizens to an ever encroaching population of sh*t bags and criminals. Now the city of Hazelwood also has a fire department, but the city is bordered on one side by Robertson Fire Protection District which was one of the responding agencies on this particular call and the captain for Robertson was the individual subjected to arrest.

Clearly the arresting officer has some sort of "authority complex". I've seen this before in the past, particularly where law officers seem insanely focused on keeping traffic moving in light of safety concerns. As we all know this concept has drifted into the past in favor of securing a safe scene even if it requires a complete shut down of the highway. However, as the video can attest, this law officer didn't "get the memo."

I now live in St. Charles County, Missouri and the municipal police and county sheriff's deputies have a very good and close working relationship with fire and EMS. In my travels riding with various EMS providers throughout the country, the excellent working relationship with law officers is equally observed.

Mark this incident as one bolstered by the ignorance of a police officer and his over zealous behavior of jointly working an accident scene.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad

FF894

Forum Captain
Good posts by bstone, karaya, and blsboy. Except one of those links referred to the EMT as an ambulance drive. :sad:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
If you don't like it, go pound sand. You truly are an undereducated buffoon.

This is the exact kind of close mindedness that I hate in these discussions.

It's utterly impossible to have an adult conversation on topics such as this, for that very reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
This is the exact kind of close mindedness that I hate in these discussions.

:blink::nosoupfortroll:

Brothers and Sisters are getting KILLED and MAIMED because of improper, or lack of apparatus placing. I would prefer one of those shock absorbing dump trucks respond instead, but the fire apparatus will do nicely.

I dont care if I make you 20 seconds or 2 hours late. I am going home at the end of my tour, safe and sound.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
And I agree perfectly, but, and PLEASE someone disagree, would it not have been 100 times better for the truck to have been where the cruiser was instead?

Or am I the only one that wants a giant truck closer, and not further, from where I'm working?

And for your sake since you missed it the first couple of times in this thread, and third time is a charm; The cop should have gone about it in a totally different manner.

FF894

Forum Captain
I like the truck in the lane it was in, possibly next to the cruiser, but also can't tell if there is more apparatus coming in behind that truck which would be blocking lane further down and thats why they pulled right next to car. Either way is beside the point that the cop is a complete di**o for doing what he did.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Guess what time it is?

lock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.