Completed my Initial EMT-B Practical today…

RunnerD1987

Forum Crew Member
What a trip it was. I am a calm individual. I volunteer with an ambulance company been on many stressful calls. However, for some reason though even in college I can become a nervous wreck around test. I knew everything verbatim. First two stations went by smoothly. Moved on to KED I said Middle, Bottom, Legs, Head, and Torso. My body went Bottom, Legs, Head, Torso, and Middle. Everything else went perfect at the station except for the order I strapped on the KED. Next station did everything right. Head off to Medical did everything right, but again was nervous. When I went to put the Epi-Pen trainer in I poked myself instead of the patient. The last one was trauma. I said everything, except stabilize the spine. I kept saying in my head say stabilize the spine. I said it in every station except Trauma. I wanted to kick myself in the you know what for that. I say out of the six, three I passed and three I failed. Now have to wait a week for results hopefully sooner. Would like to sign up again to pass the three I failed and then take the written.

OP
OP
R

RunnerD1987

Forum Crew Member
Kicking myself for trauma. Basically did Scene Size-Up came to the part with ALS and additional help then missed stabilize the neck.

EMTSTUDENT25

Forum Lieutenant
sounds intense! we only had to pick 1 skill at random to perform. We were told that only the medic students had to test and pass every skill.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

EMTSTUDENT25

Forum Lieutenant
none taken, just the way our program was...I mean, we had to check off every skill in class, instructor only gave us 2 chances or we were dropped from program, but for NR skills test, yeah just 1 skill at random.

EMTSTUDENT25

Forum Lieutenant
ok I worded that first post of mine, a little funny, but yes we were tested throughout our program on every med and skill. We had extra meds and IV skills tests during class because of expanded scope in TN...