Votes: 26 40.0%
  • 11-15

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • 16-20

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • more than 1per hour

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters
We run 3-5 calls a 12 hour shift on average. With offload delay though time per call can be multiple hours. Also add in stand-by's when we shuffle from station to station to cover off other crews on calls and we can be away from our base for much of the shift.

15-20 on average for a 24

EMS job 1-8-10 in 12 Hrs

EMS Job 2-15-20 in 12 hrs

At EMS Job 2, 3 trucks did 33 calls in 12hrs, probably the most ive seen

Personally ive done 20 in a 12hr, all transports, one transport was literally 4 minutes from responding to available

We average 10-13 in a 12 hour shift.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

One service I work for does 24 hour shifts and we average 9 with some being IFT to higher care of 45 min transport time. Main service I work for now averages 6 in 12 hour shifts with most being 911 transports.

Usually run about 4-5 calls per 8 hours!

On my rural county ambulance: 0-2 in 24 hours.
On my busy urban ambulance: 4-10 in 12 hours.

we average about 2 calls; a WEEK.

So I don't ever want to hear people complain that they are at a slow service.
I have been here 46months and have had 76 patients (and I can remember all of them).

We're a semi-rural agency and work 24hr shifts. Our call volume usually breaks down like this:

Fall and winter: 1-4 911 calls per shift, 1-2 out of town transfers.

Spring and summer: 5-10 911 calls per shift, 1-2 out of town transfers.

I have been here 46months and have had 76 patients (and I can remember all of them).

And it's still a paid service?!

12 hour shifts, ALS calls only. Between 3 and 6.

8 dual medic chase units on per day. Some crews run more than others...

Most of the services/companies I worked for ran about 12-14 transports per 24 hour shift. The "day cars" ran about 1 transport per 100 minutes. I am counting only transports because many of them were pre-scheduled transports. We usually had room in the schedule for unscheduled transports... When I was doing my internship, the FD ambulance ran about 12-15 transports per day. One of the 911 services I worked averaged 4-5 per 24 hour shift, and another 5-8 BLS transfers using a BLS unit. They used to double that... but another company moved in to the region and took a good chunk of their response district and it's little wonder why this little company died, and quickly.

I work on a military base; so yea, we are paid and pretty good with great benefits. Just S L O W.

Used to work 12 to 36 hr shifts at PT fire dept and average about 6-8 runs in 12 hours. Did 18 runs, 16 transports in a 12 hr shift once (still dept record I think); did 33 runs with 31 transports in 24hr shift (heard that one got beat finally).
IFT was 12hr shifts (HAH); and averaged 2-10 runs per. Did 11 runs in 3 hrs one night, 21 runs in full 12 hr shift.

Used to average about 60-75 runs a week between the 2 jobs, working 100 hr weeks alot of the time. another benefit about being where I am now; I have only had 3 100 weeks in 4 years.

Wow where do you work? Is it a small service for an even smaller, healthy town?

I typically run 8-11 transports for a 12 hour shift, or 5-8 transports for an 8 hour shift. I like being busy!

Really just depends on day versus night, temperatures, and where system status management puts me.

Back