CA Ambulance Cert vs. Ambulance License

muses25

Forum Ride Along
I'm currently applying for an ambulance company in Orange County. Its the first time I've been asked for an ambulance license and not the DMV ambulance certificate. Why are these two different?

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm currently applying for an ambulance company in Orange County. Its the first time I've been asked for an ambulance license and not the DMV ambulance certificate. Why are these two different?
Same thing just used a different terminology

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
What luke said. A lot of people call it ambulance license, but it is still the same DMV ambulance certificate.

SurfEMT

Forum Probie
FYI. Orange County EMS system has a local accreditation in order to work in the OC, and the card they give you says Ambulance Driver. It's something new starting 2017. I was surprised when I renewed mine last year and the wording was different than previous cards which merely said OC EMS Accreditation. It's a totally online process. Be prepared to upload your CA cert and CPR card in the process and pay via credit card.
The OCEMS Amb Driver card IS different than the CA DMV Ambulance Driver license/cert. Check the OCEMS Online Licensure Service. Google it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
FYI Your reply is incorrect. They are two different and distinct licenses.
Well yes and no.

In some areas (LA, OC) they have two different certifications/licenses however in other areas that only have one of those certifications/license (Riverside, San Bernardino) the term is used interchangeably.

Specialized

Forum Crew Member
Depends on what county you're working out of. Some in CA have their own requirements.

OP
OP
M

muses25

Forum Ride Along
FYI. Orange County EMS system has a local accreditation in order to work in the OC, and the card they give you says Ambulance Driver. It's something new starting 2017. I was surprised when I renewed mine last year and the wording was different than previous cards which merely said OC EMS Accreditation. It's a totally online process. Be prepared to upload your CA cert and CPR card in the process and pay via credit card.
The OCEMS Amb Driver card IS different than the CA DMV Ambulance Driver license/cert. Check the OCEMS Online Licensure Service. Google it.

I also have to renew my accreditation that expired August 2017. When I went to look OCEMS website they called it the "Orange County Ambulance Driver/Attendant License" and we now have to take a course to get a certificate in order to reupload it online and get our new accreditation??? Did you have to do that.

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
My Orange County Accreditation expired in 2014. In order to reinstate it, do I need to attend a class again? Or will the certificate from the class I took in 2012 suffice?