Big Ambulance!

DevilDuckie

Forum Crew Member
I never claimed to be an expert. I'm sorry.

TheAfterAffect

Forum Lieutenant
No need to compare it to anything.

As its already been stated, Their community saw a need for it, They obtained the money for it, and they have it.

There is no need to compare it to anything else becuase all you are then doing is starting a new argument.

My Squad has much large equipment, you guys can pull up the pics I posted a while ago on my squads equipment, I dont see the need to post it again. Yes we have a rescue like that, Yes its Larger, No it doesnt have 4 sirens, and yes, Our rigs are big too.

That simple, We have a need for it, Our community supported us, It gets the job done VERY Effectively.

HasTy

Forum Lieutenant
not quite what I meant... I meant compare what it carries versus other rigs of this magnitude....

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
As its already been stated, Their community saw a need for it, They obtained the money for it, and they have it.
Just because it has "been stated" does not make it so. I have seen no convincing evidence that "their community" knew what they were buying, other than a new ambulance. Was the community truly given input into the purchase? I seriously doubt that, in retrospect, if the community were given the facts, they would have supported this purchase. In fact, I would almost guarantee that they would not. As liberal and backwards as WI is, they still don't like their money flushed away needlessly anymore than any other American does.

medic417

The Truth Provider
No need to compare it to anything.

There is no need to compare it to anything else becuase all you are then doing is starting a new argument.

My Squad has much large equipment, you guys can pull up the pics I posted a while ago on my squads equipment, I dont see the need to post it again. Yes we have a rescue like that, Yes its Larger, No it doesnt have 4 sirens, and yes, Our rigs are big too.

That simple, We have a need for it, Our community supported us, It gets the job done VERY Effectively.

Why are you disrespecting another member that was trying to get back on track. TylerHastings asked a question that is pertinent to this discusion. Despite how I feel the money was wasted does not matter someone with a legit question gets jumped on by you. I definitly feel he deserves an apology.

TylerHastings there used to be trauma hawk ambulance that was big. Not sure if they still make them.

HasTy

Forum Lieutenant
I am not around big rigs that often I mean the Ford Type I's seem big to me I only worked in them for three weeks before we got all new type II sprinters and was just looking for some information on the big units....

medic417

The Truth Provider
Man fox bring back nightmares. I hate those squampers.

TheAfterAffect

Forum Lieutenant
Rescue 976 (Patient transport capable, Though we never do, Its used mainly for rehab for Firefighters/Cops/EMS):

Rescue976.jpg

DSC01945.jpg

Rig 62:
2005 GMC 5500 Rescue Ambulance
RIG62A.jpg

Rig 61:
2005 GMC 5500 Rescue Ambulance
61_IMG_1004.jpg

Rig 58:
2001 Freightliner Rescue Ambulance
rig58k.jpg

Rig 57:
Freightliner Rescue Ambulance
rig57A.jpg

Rig 56:
Freightliner Rescue Ambulance
Rig56A.jpg

medic417

The Truth Provider

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I think I asked this the last time you posted those pictures, but I dont think I got an answer... on the first unit, Rescue 976, is the picture viewed from the side? Does it load from the side? Is there patient care equipment in that compartment? A Main O2 accessible there? Suction? Traction splint, etc? I presume its BLS... Is it certified as an Ambulance? Is it possible for the driver and attendant to speak (via intercom)?

Anomalous

Forum Lieutenant
I haven't seen any comments yet about the color. Maybe that's why they have so many sirens. Sneak up behind them and then blast away with all four. It does seem like an unusual choice when you would think they would go for something hi-viz.

TheAfterAffect

Forum Lieutenant
I think I asked this the last time you posted those pictures, but I dont think I got an answer... on the first unit, Rescue 976, is the picture viewed from the side? Does it load from the side? Is there patient care equipment in that compartment? A Main O2 accessible there? Suction? Traction splint, etc? I presume its BLS... Is it certified as an Ambulance? Is it possible for the driver and attendant to speak (via intercom)?

Yes, thats a Side View, It loads from the side also. Yes, It is a fully equipped BLS Compartment capable of O2, Suction, Traction, yadda yadda :p

Yes, It is certified in NJ by the NJSFAC. And yes, the driver and the attendant can speak via Headset or they can just literally walk up through the command center if the PT is stable.

Again though, This truck is a last last last last last resort. It is only used as a rehab really at long term MCI's, Fires, etc. Trying to back this thing up into an Hospital ER Bay would look kinda funny I think. (This is all in reference to the PT Compartment, The truck itself is used for many other uses as was described in a previous post)

As for the Compartments on the Freightliners, I dont know, But ill find out.

medic417

The Truth Provider
As for the Compartments on the Freightliners, I dont know, But ill find out.

Thanks. Years ago I worked with a service that had Freightliner chassis the Patient compartment was nice to work in as was so big.

HasTy

Forum Lieutenant
Looking at those almost wants me to go back to our "big" ambulances which were no where near that big...

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
That rescue 976 is pretty sweet. I don't think it could be certified as an ambulance in WI but I like big shiny things since I'm one of those backwards liberals from wisconsin :p

Medic417 do you remember the inside height of the patient compartment on your old freightshaker rigs? At 6'4 I'm still trying to find one I can stand up in but those seem promising.

TheAfterAffect

Forum Lieutenant
Im 6'1" and I can stand in those rigs, Yeah, Its a lil Close and getting by the handrails I need to drop down a lil, But you'd deff be alot more comfortable in one of these compared to a Normal one.

medic417

The Truth Provider
That rescue 976 is pretty sweet. I don't think it could be certified as an ambulance in WI but I like big shiny things since I'm one of those backwards liberals from wisconsin :p

Medic417 do you remember the inside height of the patient compartment on your old freightshaker rigs? At 6'4 I'm still trying to find one I can stand up in but those seem promising.

I believe it was around 6', maybe a hair more. I still had to watch my head on the rails and couldn't stand completly straight. But I could easily take 5 patients. 1 on each squad bench, 1 on cot, 2 hanging.

Working in them was great but it was hard to get around on rural ranch roads. Barely fit in gates. Was slow. And on a rough road you had to go extremely slow or rupture the air shocks. Turned out to not be practical for rural EMS.

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
We had a bit of discussion on those a while back if I remember right lol

quote=medic417;126652]Man fox bring back nightmares. I hate those squampers.[/quote]