Big Ambulance!

medic417

The Truth Provider
We had a bit of discussion on those a while back if I remember right lol

quote=medic417;126652]Man fox bring back nightmares. I hate those squampers.
[/QUOTE]

Yes I hate squampers. Or were you meaning to link to a squamper discussion?

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
I can't believe they'd put air shocks on those rigs, they should no we go anywhere and are hard on equipment and those airbags pop pretty easy on the rough stuff.

Driving semi we still have a few old spring-rides that are the only trucks we send to the quarry.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I can't believe they'd put air shocks on those rigs, they should no we go anywhere and are hard on equipment and those airbags pop pretty easy on the rough stuff.

Driving semi we still have a few old spring-rides that are the only trucks we send to the quarry.

Yup w/o airshocks even going down the higway at speed limit you can't do any work on patient as to rough a ride. With the air shocks on highway better still not worth it though. Still prefer my type 1, much smoother ride.

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
I was refering to some previous threads regarding squampers and also was recalling the nice fierce discussion we had when Chris Kendall posted his pics originally. I believe eventually the thread was locked if I remember right.

Yes I hate squampers. Or were you meaning to link to a squamper discussion?[/quote]

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
OMG, this just proves that as a society we are way too fat. How big are we that we need to be transported to the hospital in a semi-truck? :rolleyes:

Genaio

Forum Ride Along
I know this thread is old, but I would like to give anyone who cares an update: I work at the Level 1 hospital ER near Mt. Horeb and work as a medic in Dane Co. FDMH got rid of this monstrosity because it couldn't drive into any of the ambulance bays at the hospitals in Madison. They got a normal sized Type 1 after their old fire chief passed away. Their old chief's nickname was "Fire Truck Chuck", and true to his nickname, he liked big fire trucks and was the motivator behind the large apparatus choices.

treckker

Forum Probie
at one of my jobs we have a fire-medic unit. it sits on a F550. It has everything a squad would have on it minus the hose and water. The medic and EMT are cross trained in Fire Fighting, and Vehicle extrication. The truck functions as manpower/medic on fire scenes and if there is a MVC it will respond along with the medic unit in that district.