Best states for EMS?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hmm.. shocking. Not a single person has denied that Texas is one of, if not THE, best states for EMS. Coinky-dink?

Nah. California is the best state for EMS..... :rofl:

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
As everyone has already said.

Texas is good :)

Not California - believe me the weather isn't worth the cost of living

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
The thing Texas has going for itself is the ability for the Medical Director to determine the scope of his/her practitioners rather than fighting with the state or county.

The only reason we don't have an RSI protocol is because the state EMS office wont approve it, even though or MD has been fighting to get it for some time now. We have protocols for sedation post-intubation which, in theory, could be manipulated through some colorful documentation...but its not worth the risk. Give us the damn protocol.

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Hehehe, $43k AND 150% match to 401(a) :cool:

Hmm.. shocking. Not a single person has denied that Texas is one of, if not THE, best states for EMS. Coinky-dink?

$43k/yr and 150% matching, and yet, you still haven't sent me any cookies...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
The thing Texas has going for itself is the ability for the Medical Director to determine the scope of his/her practitioners

Along with many services with very competitive salaries and a low cost of living...

But yeah... What you said is nice too :D

firecoins

IFT Puppet

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Pretty happy in Texas, and we've got some killer services.

Of course we also have TEEX and HFD and UTSW and DFD, so it's a little bit of a mixed bag sometimes.