Best Pants and Boots?

SJL96

Forum Ride Along
I'm sure this has been covered (I did search first), but could anyone make recommendations for EMS pants and shoes (cost no object)? I'm just starting out, but I'm looking for quality, comfort, etc. FWIW, I live in Texas so it is about to get hot and humid around here. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Were the dozens of threads you found in your search not sufficient? Is there something specific you're looking for that wasn't answered in all of those other threads?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Were the dozens of threads you found in your search not sufficient? Is there something specific you're looking for that wasn't answered in all of those other threads?

This.

5.11 are popular. That's all I can say

OP
OP
S

SJL96

Forum Ride Along
Just found one thread in another forum - sorry. I think I've got enough info now...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
5.11 taclite pants are money. More pockets than you know what to do with. Plus they're comfortable and not super hot in the summer. We don't get Texas hear but sit right around 100 all summer of dry heat.

I like my 5.11 ATAC side zips as well, people say they don't last long but I've had mine for two years and they're just getting to the point of needing replacing. If cost is no object it'd be worth spending more to get a boot with a rebuildable sole.

What did you search? There are a few really good boot threads on here as well as hundreds of threads about other uniform items... Try searching only titles of threads. Four letters and up if I'm not mistaken. Most forum search engines filter out 3 letter words and below because they're so common.

For what it's worth, Poetic did ask a valid question.

Last edited by a moderator:
5.11 taclite pants are money. More pockets than you know what to do with. Plus they're comfortable and not super hot in the summer. We don't get Texas hear but sit right around 100 all summer of dry heat.

I like my 5.11 ATAC side zips as well, people say they don't last long but I've had mine for two years and they're just getting to the point of needing replacing. If cost is no object it'd be worth spending more to get a boot with a rebuildable sole.

What did you search? There are a few really good boot threads on here as well as hundreds of threads about other uniform items... Try searching only titles of threads. Four letters and up if I'm not mistaken. Most forum search engines filter out 3 letter words and below because they're so common.

+1 on the 5.11 taclite EMS pants and the 5.11 ATAC side zips. I've used both and they are indeed comfortable.

wanderingmedic

RN, Paramedic
+1 on the 5.11 taclite EMS pants and the 5.11 ATAC side zips. I've used both and they are indeed comfortable.

I love all my 5.11 stuff. My 5.11 boots are the most comfortable books I have ever had, and my taclite pants are super comfortable even in the summer.

I love all my 5.11 stuff. My 5.11 boots are the most comfortable books I have ever had, and my taclite pants are super comfortable even in the summer.

I'm sad, my new job will have me wearing Flying Cross pants and shirts... At least I'll still be wearing 5.11 boots.

takl23

Forum Crew Member
I love my 5.11 pants. I have flying cross uniform shirt/pants for the PD and they're not holding up very well. I wear Corcoran boots and they have lasted a good while.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief

Have any examples of boots that can be resoled?

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
I used to wear the 5.11 ATAC but i was issued Haix Special Fighters and i love them. I am moving away from 5.11 for the simple fact that they may last a year, but with certain brands like Haix, Danner, and All-American i can send them my boots and they will refurbish them for the price of a cheap 5.11 Speed. My Haix cost $90 to:

Replace sole with original HAIX materials
Any stitching necessary including replace back heel strap
Replace or repair toe cap if necessary
Replace any missing hardware (eyelets, lace hooks, etc.)
New HAIX insole
New HAIX laces
Clean, shampoo, polish, deodorize

so i get a shoe back that is already broken in and comfortable from an company that backs their products.

I have a set of Danner Ft. Lewis for the winter and they have a similar procedure with equally excellent customer service

MikloHP

Forum Probie
The most comfortable boots i ever wore are the Haix Airpower R1's. they will run about $250 but worth every penny.

My recommendation for pants are Workrite Nomex pants. They are lightweight and keep you cool. Plus they are flame resistant.

BayAreaEMT

Forum Probie
5.11 pants (company issued) and they're great. I have Magnum Viper 2 side zip boots currently, had them for 8 months and still holding up strong. Comfortable too!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Blue Tongue boots by Redback. No regrets going to slip ons that's for sure.

My 5.11 pants are fine but the thigh pockets are unnecessarily large in my opinion and I have no idea what you put in ankle pockets.

I have some Propper pants too that I like a lot, but they were more expensive and had to be tailored and I didn't have time for that last time I bought pants.

cusadiz

Forum Probie
I have no idea what you put in ankle pockets.

Phone(s) and pocket protocols. I have a weird aversion to having crap in my normal pockets and, when you're sitting down, those pockets are incredibly easy to get to. Open the flap on a thigh pocket when you're sitting and everything falls out.