Are You Serious?!?!

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
A spare pair of socks, underwear, boots, belt and a white tee all live in my car. Why? Because at one time I had 5 pairs of boots/black shoes and four belts from early AM WalMart trips...

I've actually optimized it- I have a little box under my rear bench seat with a pair of EMS boots, socks (white and green), a tan, white and PT T-shirt, shorts, Army boots, gloves, and my (older) pair of trauma pants rolled nearly, with an EMSA uniform shirt on a hangar and a pair of belts holding it all together.

Just try and puke on me;).

EMSrush

Forum Captain
We just had a truck go out of service because one of the crew members came to work without socks!!! Thier reasoning is its supposed to be cold tonight (36F) and they didnt bring socks... this wacko knew it was going to be cold this weekend, and they still didnt bring socks! How can you come to work a 13 hour shift on a truck, and not bring/wear socks!!! Wow the thought process of people still amaze me!
:angry:

I must be missing something. How does one come to work without socks? Don't they go on before the boots, or have I been doing it backwards all along?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I must be missing something. How does one come to work without socks? Don't they go on before the boots, or have I been doing it backwards all along?

Considering the OP is from FL, I'm surprised they showed up wearing shoes instead of flip-flops. :rofl:

medic17

EMT-I/99, paramedic student.
Considering the OP is from FL, I'm surprised they showed up wearing shoes instead of flip-flops. :rofl:

I am from a very hot area (in the summer 102F is normal) and we show up in closed shoes and socks although we have short sleeves. (It is against regs to remove shoes at the base.)

JPINFV

Gadfly
I am from a very hot area (in the summer 102F is normal) and we show up in closed shoes and socks although we have short sleeves. (It is against regs to remove shoes at the base.)

ngbbs507f51e8d325b.jpg

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354640846.853924.jpg

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
you know, I was wondering that myself. For general comfort, I always have socks on when i'm in shoes, boots, or sneakers. In cold weather, it's not uncommon for me to have 2 or 3 pairs of socks with me. during warm wether, 2 pairs of socks and 3 shirts.

I'm actually curious how one gets busted not wearing socks. mine are almost always covered by my boots, and if i'm wearing my inside shoes, my long pants cover them.
I did that once... in New Jersey.... when it was 90 degree out..... never saw the ops supervisor run so fast to demand why...

But I did have an hour drive ahead of me (to pick up my partner at a base in another county), and I had my boots AND socks with me.

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
I work at a pretty relaxed company and my normal station is in an outlying area about 25 mins from our main station. We don't get bothered by any management types when we're out there, so we can dress as we please around quarters. If I'm on my second or third day on I generally putter around in gym shorts and flip flops as long as I can until we get a call. As long as I'm able to throw my uniform on and be out the door in under a minute we're good to go!

I did get caught once though... A supervisor showed up unannounced (they always call before making the drive out) and caught me in slippers and a robe drinking coffee in an armchair at noon. :eek:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

I wouldn't call that hot at all. Normal for my area during summer is 110-120 degrees. We only have 2 stations and its pretty much whatever you want to wear when you are in the station (flip flops, shorts, tee shirt) but when you get a call you have to be in full uniform (short sleeve shirt, uniform shirt, pants, company approved steel toe boots, belt, etc).

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I would not be allowed on the rig in the first place without socks for 2 reasons: 1) It would be out of uniform. 2) It would be considered a safety hazzerd ( a pt showing us what he had for lunch the hard way comes to mind :lol:)

Because vomit can't soak through cotton socks :rolleyes:....

Jondruby

The PLS of BLS.
Wow. My service is pretty much just requires you to have clothes on, no matter what they are. I had to ride shotgun one day cuz my female crewmember has to change her clothes en route. All of our employees are smart enough to dress for the scene. The best calls are when you are in the middle of something (showering, shaving, sleeping) and you have to jump out put clothes on a run. The sweet life of volunteers!