anybody know anything about lee county ems???

LastofCFFA0824

Forum Probie
Hey guys I couldn't help but post, I'll be testing on the 13th also, I've been through a few hiring processes but never with Lee County, Seems like it's pretty straight forward though, Does anyone know how many they plan on hiring this time around?? Seems like not to many people caught this opening, I work for AMR in Broward and I seem to be the only one who Caught it this time around, Good luck to those testing btw...

zkeegan

Forum Probie
As of right now theyre hiring 9....the test is very hard...basically a medic test. Youre not the only one who caught it...the first three days they were open theh got over 150 apps

LastofCFFA0824

Forum Probie
Lol I meant for the guys at my job, I figured at least 200 people would be testing on the 13th. I guess the best way to prepare is taking as many mock Medic test you can get your hands on, and even with that it'll still probably be challenging but I guess that's the point...hoping for the best though it's gonna be a long drive over there for me

zkeegan

Forum Probie
Its worth the drive...i commute 2 hours to work. I tested with 187 in june...i got hired with 6 others....the cutoff score for us was an 80 but the lowest score to get hired was an 84....its based on a point system. Best of luck

ops18

Forum Ride Along
Anyone here tested with collier EMS before? if you did, can you compare both tests? I did a couple of months ago and the test was a joke.

LastofCFFA0824

Forum Probie
Lol yeah these test are pretty hard, I've tested with orange county, brevard, Lake ems, volusia, Martin scoring in the high 80's it's been extremely frustrating but I'm thankful I already have a job, but I'm really betting on this one, I've been practicing scenarios with guys from my job, and even bought a medic textbook from a friend who just passed state. Sending up prayers for all of you guys who are testing.

Raphamedic

Forum Probie
I'm finishing medic school bigining of december , I'm sure that would help but what I'm confused how they gonna test on medic skills if it is a emt job , right now I'm thinking with a medic mind what can really screw me on a test

LastofCFFA0824

Forum Probie
I'm just hoping the test will be straightforward not one of those questions where it seems like all the answers could be right.

LastofCFFA0824

Forum Probie
Exactly lol if it could just be in my scope of knowledge and not challenging that'd be great, if that was the case everybody would work for them.

kolya23

Forum Ride Along
As of right now theyre hiring 9....the test is very hard...basically a medic test. Youre not the only one who caught it...the first three days they were open theh got over 150 apps

Since it is basically a medic test, does this mean that it would be next to impossible for someone fresh out of EMT-B school to pass? Are the scenario and oral interview questions paramedic as well?

kolya23

Forum Ride Along
No its all basic stuff...but being a medic will surely help

Thanks zkeegan! Could you check your "other" inbox on FB as well? I saw that you posted on the Citizens for LCEMS page.

There are no questions that are outside a basic's scope of practice (such as how to interpret a heart rhythm) then?

checkman270

Forum Ride Along
The Lee county written test was pretty hard. I passed with an 81. The cut score was 77 this time. The highest score was an 89 and the lowest was a 53. There were over 260 applicants. I'm only an EMT, most people who passed were medics. Now I wait until the physical test tomorrow and hopefully get a phone call next week.