anybody know anything about lee county ems???

smalizia

Forum Probie
hello everybody,
I have a testing date for june 5th to test for lee county ems!!! im a emt basic and im in medic right now. i was woundering if anybody had any insite on the testing process what to study and how to prepare for it. any info will be greatly appricatiated.
tty all later

new2877

Forum Ride Along
Testing with Lee County......

I as well am testing on the 5th for Lee County, and this is my third attempt. I am almost completed with Paramedic school.

First you will have a written exam. It is at least an advanced EMT test, and some say a Paramedic test. I study state exam questions for Paramedic to prepare, which has helped.

From what I can gather, they are hiring 5 people, and I believe they have invited 170 people or so to test. After the exam we will wait outside for them to grade the test, and then they will call us in to see who made the primary "cut". They will allow the top 40 or 50 people to move on to the next stage and the rest must bow out gracefully. If you do not make it, do not be discouraged, it takes a lot of effort.

If you make it, you will encounter a scenario, a physical test and an interview.

Good luck! It has been a wild ride for me! - N -

firecoins

IFT Puppet
It's in lee county.

zkeegan

Forum Probie
I'm testing too...hiring 5 out of 170...I'm loving my 2.9% odds...good luck guys...y'all have bls experience?

OP
OP
S

smalizia

Forum Probie
lee county

I hear the lee county's testing is like an advance emt testing almost like a medic test. what is the best way to prepare for the test? what type of questions should I expect?
thanks everybody!

danno34

Forum Probie
Lcems

Not sure where you heard they are only hiring 5. That would be a pretty small academy class almost not even worth it. Not saying you're wrong but that def doesn't sound right.

Action942Jackson

Forum Crew Member
I am also in the June 5th testing for Lee County. I am a NREMT-P and a former employee of the service. (long story, but glad to get a chance to come back) The written test is no joke. It is designed that way. The academy class is 5-6 people from what I have heard as they're hiring to replace the people who have been retiring. If Im not mistaken the cuttoff is usually 80% or better. But with 170 people its sure going to be 88-90% score or higher. Good luck to you all.

MSMedic22

Forum Ride Along
I am also in the June 5th testing for Lee County. I am a NREMT-P and a former employee of the service. (long story, but glad to get a chance to come back) The written test is no joke. It is designed that way. The academy class is 5-6 people from what I have heard as they're hiring to replace the people who have been retiring. If Im not mistaken the cuttoff is usually 80% or better. But with 170 people its sure going to be 88-90% score or higher. Good luck to you all.

ill be there too for the june 5th. wow 5 seems like a really small class. they sent out email to 189 people looks like.

do you recall what the practical scenarios and oral interview questions are like?

Action942Jackson

Forum Crew Member
Just your standard NREMT assessment scenario and job interview questions. But the last time I took it was 2005 so it might of changed by then.

Action942Jackson

Forum Crew Member
The one I did was individual. But that may have changed. You know as much as I know this go around. It's been 3 years since I left.

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
Man it seems like a very intense hiring process and a lot of people from this forum are testing with them, best of luck for all you guys hopefully you guys make it. If not keep your heads up and try again or apply in other places you want to work.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
So? How was it? Curious about the interview and test. (Obviously no specific questions...)

zkeegan

Forum Probie
It wasnt bad at all...100 question test...physical agility wasnt bad...typical trauma alert scenario and the interview was straight forward..i start july 11th!