Any states fast tracking medics with NREMT for state cert

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Hey guys. Does anyone know of any states that are fast tracking certification for paramedics with minimal hoops during this COVID thing or that already did prior to?

I have my NR and CCT cert, just need a state cert/license pronto... thanks in advance.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I was under the impression several states are waiving license requirements. Basically if you have a valid license then you are welcome to come help.

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Still requiring any state cert/license.
Need one of those yesterday.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ohhh I just assumed you had a state or two already.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Was and Id are out of the question. Try Colorado and ask for a provisional while they process your background.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Massachusetts is pretty quick since the transition to NR, but now there's nobody in the office these days so I doubt it will be quick.

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market

Let us know how the process goes with Texas, since that is your best option. Good luck.
I would say if you make it to NYC, I will take you to lunch, but there is no where to sit down to lunch, LOL.

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market
I spoke to Texas.

It does not sounds like they want ALS providers that badly. They will give ALS providers a BLS cert, until they can be tested for skills in Texas, which they are not doing until further notice.

So to sum up, if you are an EMT-B, Texas will give you their EMT-B cert, if you are an AEMT or EMT-P anywhere they will give you a Texas EMT-B cert, until you can be tested in Texas at a later date.

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I'm squared away. Thank you all for the responses. I requested the thread be deleted/locked but they said "we don't do that."

Feel free to post information for others if you'd like.

Reactions: Jon

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I spoke to Texas.

It does not sounds like they want ALS providers that badly. They will give ALS providers a BLS cert, until they can be tested for skills in Texas, which they are not doing until further notice.

So to sum up, if you are an EMT-B, Texas will give you their EMT-B cert, if you are an AEMT or EMT-P anywhere they will give you a Texas EMT-B cert, until you can be tested in Texas at a later date.

My buddy is BLS (paramedic student though) getting bumped up to medic. Do you mean for out of staters?

Last edited:

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market
My buddy is BLS (paramedic student though) getting bumped up to medic. Do you mean for out of staters?

True, a Texas Resident EMT who has signed up for a Paramedic class, will now be given a provisional Paramedic License to immediately practice on the P level.

Yes, we are talking out of staters who are considering going to Texas to work. I forgot to mention the Governor of Texas so badly wants to encourage out of state ALS providers / EMS to come to Texas to help them, he will charge only you $126 for your BLS provisional license. Texas is not doing anything for out of State BLS providers, only ALS.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Massachusetts is pretty quick since the transition to NR, but now there's nobody in the office these days so I doubt it will be quick.
Massachusetts is turning around certifications in the same amount of time. The office might be closed to visitors, but all staff are working remotely, and reachable by email.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
OEMS wasn't reachable in a timely manner pre COVID. I'd be shocked to discover the pandemic has improved service at the worlds least productive governmental office.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
True, a Texas Resident EMT who has signed up for a Paramedic class, will now be given a provisional Paramedic License to immediately practice on the P level.
Wait a minute... so texas EMTs who are signed up for paramedics class are being given a paramedic license to start practicing as paramedics? no training, no clinical time, no tests, just go play and be paramedics? start an IV here, push drugs here, intubate everyone?

I am hoping I am misinterpreting what you said.......