Any good ambulance companies in Orange County

AngelswillRise

Forum Probie
I barely got my nremt and state Cali license and ocems accredited
And I applied at lynch , elite , priority one, medlife , medline , and pacific is not hiring , I have applied at care I have an interview on the 17th of July I heard its really hard to get hired so I want a plan b just in case

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Are you sure Pacific Ambulance isn't hiring? There are three job postings (8 positions total) for it here.

To OP,

Bowers Ambulance (owned by Rural/Metro) has one job posting (10 positions total) listed for their operations in the LA County area listed here. I know it's not Orange County, but it might be worth applying.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
AngelswillRise

AngelswillRise

Forum Probie
I ask a doctors emt and he told to apply but he said only if I'm 21,
I'm 20 haha :/ I heard there a good company also , thanks ill start on the americare app!!

For the love of all that is holy, please stay away from Medlife! They are on the brink of shutdown. I'm sure current employees can confirm that they just recently can't do direct deposit anymore and asked all their employees to hold off on cashing their checks until after 5 this Friday. You know what's funny? Tomorrow is the day they find out the result of their appeal.

Shady, shady company that takes advantage of new EMTs and uses them to churn out as much dialysis fraud money to fund their Mercedes and Range Rover purchases.

An employee told me that during EMS week, Medlife management put out a huge box of donuts....it was empty and had a note that read: "Just kidding"

What kind of self-respecting person would put up with that?

To the OP, apply to only licensed companies. Stay away from dialysis mobiles.
Care, McCormick, AMR, Schaefer, Americare, Bowers, Doctor's, Emergency, Gerber, Medix, and PRN should pretty much be your only choices. Choose your career path wisely.

OP
OP
AngelswillRise

AngelswillRise

Forum Probie
Oh what ? Seriously ? Wow thank you for the info , I saw the Craigslist app for medlife ,ill steer away from them , I really appreciate it!

No problem. I don't want to see others make the same mistake I did. If only I had known about EMTLIFE before that. I seriously shudder like Sideshow Bob when I think about it. By the way, Lynch is a good company too.

OP
OP
AngelswillRise

AngelswillRise

Forum Probie
Codebru thanks for the list !
And addrobo , sorry to hear that man , but thanks though , for letting me know , it's going to be my first job as a emt and I want to get a good start!

If you're willing to relocate at all, Bowers (LA County) and Pacific (Orange County/San Diego County) are good companies to work from what I've heard... They're also owned by Rural/Metro which might mean that you could possibly transfer to other Rural/Metro divisions once you've put enough time in with the company.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I don't think it's easy to transfer with Rural/Metro.

I don't think it's easy to transfer with Rural/Metro.

Interesting... To the OP, basically you're going to need to apply to all the reputable companies in and around Orange County and not give up if you don't get picked up right away. I wish you the best of luck! :)

aquabear

World's Okayest Paramedic
I worked for Bowers/Pacific and left a few months after the Rural/Metro take over. The policy when I left was that Bowers/Pacific employees couldn't transfer to another Rural/Metro Division, they would have to apply for openings on the regular Rural/Metro careers site.

That being said, if you're unable to get on with a 911 provider, Pacific is a pretty good place to work especially if you can get onto a CCT or NICU unit.

:excl:As a general rule, I would AVOID working at any ambulance company that has a phone number on the side of their rigs other than 911 lol.:excl:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
:excl:As a general rule, I would AVOID working at any ambulance company that has a phone number on the side of their rigs other than 911 lol.:excl:
This +1, good rule of thumb wherever you go, unless you want to spend all day doing dialysis.

Glad to see my company made Addrobo's list :D

Care, McCormick, AMR, Schaefer, Americare, Bowers, Doctor's, Emergency, Gerber, Medix, and PRN should pretty much be your only choices. Choose your career path wisely.

Quoted to reiterate those are the ones to work for, most if not all run 911 in LA/Orange Counties. I would add AMR for Riverside and Inland Counties (San Bernardino, Inyo and Mono counties share a LEMSA) and AMR and Rural/Metro for San Diego County. Being in Orange you're fairly central and wouldn't have too bad of a commute time.

Chupathangy

Forum Crew Member
So Im thinking of moving to OC also. Ive done IFT for a year plus now and Im trying to move on. Which companies do 911 in OC? Specifically, are there any that let BLS do 911 instead of just ALS?

JPINFV

Gadfly
So Im thinking of moving to OC also. Ive done IFT for a year plus now and Im trying to move on. Which companies do 911 in OC? Specifically, are there any that let BLS do 911 instead of just ALS?

All of the contracted 911 companies (Care, Doctors, Medix, Emergency, Shoreline) are BLS and currently the only 911 ALS is the fire departments. The contracted companies provide transport and responds in conjunction with a paramedic fire crew. The fire medic rides along with the hospital if need be. In fact, the only OC company currently running paramedics of any kind is Lynch through a pilot study. The private company 911 paramedic policy is currently going through a public comment period.

All of the contracted 911 companies (Care, Doctors, Medix, Emergency, Shoreline) are BLS and currently the only 911 ALS is the fire departments. The contracted companies provide transport and responds in conjunction with a paramedic fire crew. The fire medic rides along with the hospital if need be. In fact, the only OC company currently running paramedics of any kind is Lynch through a pilot study. The private company 911 paramedic policy is currently going through a public comment period.

Are the public comment documents available online yet?