Another nurse punched in the face by a cop!!! and caught on video!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Although in this case, I would argue it was more justified.. might be a little overkill, but if anyone else had done it, the response would have been the same.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...ed-her-back/IotYl6DouUYTs3eqV3Y8uK/story.html

According to the arrest report, Freitas had been arguing with other fans and was ‘‘using profanity in a loud, boisterous manner’’ when officers arrived. They say they tried to calm her down and asked her to move to the concourse, but she refused and sat on the steps.

In the 14-second video posted on Twitter, four uniformed officers pick up Freitas, who was wearing a green and orange Miami jersey. Three carry her up the steps, with one officer hoisting her torso with his arms under her shoulders and the other two carrying her legs. With her eyes half-closed, Freitas flails with her open hand at Detective Douglas Ross, who is carrying her right leg. She misses the back of his head, but nails him in the face with her backhand.

Ross immediately reacts, hitting her in the head with his right fist, causing her to crumble in the officers’ arms as she is carried out of view of the camera. Freitas is Hispanic, according to the report. Ross is black.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
She's a drunk football fan.

@DrParasite, if the Bills streaker (see below) was a nurse, would it merit a "drunk nurse rushes more yards than the Bills" post?

5a09937b1c0000f718b3482a.jpeg

(I would say, yes....but only because it is the Bills)

OP
OP
DrParasite

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
well, he would be a braver man than I, to do that in chilly buffalo...

and only if he was tackled by a bunch of buffalo's finest. could be an awkward situation. "your honor, the office touched my special area and I felt violated as a result"

there is a lot of extra "information" that has no relevance to the actual situation that has been reported by the media. I agree, "drunk football fan hits cop and the cop hits back" sounds like a much better headline.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Didn't even know she was a nurse when I first saw that....not that I care, that was an awesome hit.

ThadeusJ

Forum Lieutenant
well, he would be a braver man than I, to do that in chilly buffalo...
and only if he was tackled by a bunch of buffalo's finest. .

I was at that game with my family and Buffalo's finest actually performed the best (and only) tackles at that game. It was 47-3 near the end and Buffalo got their only TD when the Saints opened the gates and gave them one...but I digress

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I couldn’t care less about her profession or what race anyone was who was involved in it.

But what kind of coward punches a female half his weight like that? Especially one who is nearly physically incapacitated and already being restrained.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Well, she wasn't restrained. She hit him... and she paid for it.
Wash the charges and chock it up to lesson learned, but that's not likely in today's society.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
She was being physically carried by three other grown men and was drunk out of her mind. She was no threat to that cop whatsoever.

But because he’s a trained to be a coward and his only tool is physical violence, he instinctively reacts with potentially life threatening force. And because our society is full of sheep who have been brainwashed not to question authority and actually believe the myth that cops keep us safe, far too many people are perfectly OK with seeing this guy literally knock out a virtually defenseless woman.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
She was being physically carried by three other grown men and was drunk out of her mind. She was no threat to that cop whatsoever.

But because he’s a trained to be a coward and his only tool is physical violence, he instinctively reacts with potentially life threatening force. And because our society is full of sheep who have been brainwashed not to question authority and actually believe the myth that cops keep us safe, far too many people are perfectly OK with seeing this guy literally knock out a virtually defenseless woman.
Being drunk is no excuse to hit anyone including an officer. They didn’t just find her drunk and decided to force her to leave, she was causing issues that escalated which required the officer to carry an adult female out. If she was no threat to the officer, how was she able to hit her? Last I checked that is still a threat. Should he have decked her out for hitting him? Maybe not. Was she still a threat? Yes because she was clearly not fully restrained.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
far too many people are perfectly OK with seeing this guy literally knock out a virtually defenseless woman.

I try to stay out of these because I have very strong opinions on these types of topics. When do we throw out that unwritten rule to never hit a woman? I'm sorry, but if a female punches me you can bet that I'm going to respond with equal or greater force. At that point and time they are not a female or a male, but a threat to me and I won't standby idly while some chick is wailing on me.

Also why does it matter that she is a nurse? I feel as if this is clickbait just to instigate hate. It's simple, show respect and comply.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That's enough of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.