Amr

livestrong86

Forum Ride Along
I have to take test for amr on Tuesday does anyone know what's on the test?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'm guessing whatever was on your final for the level you're testing at.

AMR has a lot of divisions. I don't know if their testing is division dependent but it very well may be.

Angel

Paramedic
assume everything. why would you want specific information? not like you can cherry pick calls. you should know as much as you possibly can so you can be the best emt/medic for your patient.

questions like these are frustrating because its almost like hey, id like to know the bare minimum to pass this test and that's it!
not saying that's what you're doing but it just comes off that way.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm guessing whatever was on your final for the level you're testing at.

AMR has a lot of divisions. I don't know if their testing is division dependent but it very well may be.

For the most part AMR uses a standard test company wide. Just go into it expecting anything that couldhave been on your registry.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
questions like these are frustrating because its almost like hey, id like to know the bare minimum to pass this test and that's it!

not saying that's what you're doing but it just comes off that way.

x2.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Assume and prepare for everything from A-Z. The test could include questions about alcohol all the way to zebra stampedes.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Our local CES writes the prehire test for our operation. I failed it once, I will admit. Anything in the textbook is more than fair game.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Our local CES writes the prehire test for our operation. I failed it once, I will admit. Anything in the textbook is more than fair game.

Your CES is rather unique in the company. And they have one hell of a reputation

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Your CES is rather unique in the company. And they have one hell of a reputation

I recently completed the three week new-hire academy and was fairly impressed. The only time medics and EMTs split was for a 12 lead class. Everything else was fair game for all levels. The testing isn't tricky but it is thorough and I think sets the expectations properly prior to actually starting the field training program.

avdrummerboy

Forum Lieutenant
When I tested for AMR, there was a little bit of it all, trauma based questions, medical scenarios, scene safety questions, it wasn't that hard, if you passed your class and nationals, you'll do fine.