AMR Riverside

cherpy66

Forum Crew Member
nope

bls is for all newcomers. there are shift bids every 6 months so whoever has senority will get them first. i was hired full time, but i think your hires will be part time. the way part time works is you must pick up 3 shifts a month, and you can have a max of 36 hours in a week. its all done online. part timers can and do pick up als shifts on occasion, cause they just fill in. but its not guaranteed.

cherpy66

Forum Crew Member
school

full time, no they do not, u get what u get, but your guaranteed 44 hours a week. which is 36 and 48=44in a paycheck. but part timers only have to get 3 shifts in a month (which they pick) so they can go to school

Rev.IKON

Forum Crew Member
do u know if they are going to do the same for sb county?

cherpy66

Forum Crew Member
hiring

yeah i think ive heard of them hiring equal to rivco. but im not 100% did u play football at rev?

Rev.IKON

Forum Crew Member
thanks for the info.. im getting tired of driving 2 hours to work so hopefully they do soon. :sad:

cherpy66

Forum Crew Member
yeah

id suggest driving to rancho hq dressed really nice and introduce yourself to darlene at the front desk, and say how interested you are, and see if jessica sandoval is around, becuase she does all the hiring for san b and rvco. do this like twice a month

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
id suggest driving to rancho hq dressed really nice and introduce yourself to darlene at the front desk, and say how interested you are, and see if jessica sandoval is around, becuase she does all the hiring for san b and rvco. do this like twice a month

Sweet talk them and see if they can "accidentally" put your application on top. I may or may not have done that...

Boogalu

Forum Ride Along
Just wondering when y'all applied to AMR and I've heard they were hiring people that applied last year. I applied in April this year took the test and passed, so I'm waiting for an interview. I've been doing my once a month follow-ups and Jessica Sandoval has told me that things are kind of slow, so she said that maybe in August things will pick up.

OP
OP
J

Juarez

Forum Crew Member
I had the interview today, it went really well he let me know I would be getting a call back for the group interview. Does anyone know how long it usually takes from the point that you interview to the point that you start working? Also how long is orientation and training?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I had the interview today, it went really well he let me know I would be getting a call back for the group interview. Does anyone know how long it usually takes from the point that you interview to the point that you start working? Also how long is orientation and training?

Normally it's a couple of weeks before you start your orientation because you have to go through the physical test and the drug screening.
Orientation is 2 weeks long then you go to FT time. For riverside you spend 1 month on ALS and then a couple of shifts on BLS.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just wondering when y'all applied to AMR and I've heard they were hiring people that applied last year. I applied in April this year took the test and passed, so I'm waiting for an interview. I've been doing my once a month follow-ups and Jessica Sandoval has told me that things are kind of slow, so she said that maybe in August things will pick up.

I applied in Janurary. Got an interview in late march. Got hired in mid April. Changed my status from part time to full time the beginning of may.

OP
OP
J

Juarez

Forum Crew Member
How difficult is it to get 36 hours a week as a pt. And how difficult is it to put in and get accepted for ft. Do you do BLS?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
How difficult is it to get 36 hours a week as a pt. And how difficult is it to put in and get accepted for ft. Do you do BLS?

For riverside I honestly don't know. Palm springs we do everything differently. For palm springs I was given a Field Training Officer the last day of orientation and started my shift the next day. All of my FT time was done on an ALS unit. My primary shift is a BLS unit. If I pick up overtime it's on ALS units. After roughly a year (some factors change the time frame) then I will get moved up to where my primary shift is an ALS unit.

cherpy66

Forum Crew Member
part time

pt shifts in riverside are starting to be hard to come by, ive heard quite a few ppl complaining that they arent getting even 3 shifts in a month cause everything is covered.
:usa:

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Hows the wait list in the hemet division? is it long?