AMR Riverside

Juarez

Forum Crew Member
I have an interview with AMR Riverside division in a couple weeks, just wondering how does Riverside divisions hiring process work? What should I do to prepare for the first intervie?. Just hoping for any insight or advice before I go. Thanks!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I have an interview with AMR Riverside division in a couple weeks, just wondering how does Riverside divisions hiring process work? What should I do to prepare for the first intervie?. Just hoping for any insight or advice before I go. Thanks!

As of 2 months ago it was: one interview with you and the supervisors. If you do good on that interview then you come back for a second interview with a group of other people trying to get hired. After that assuming you get hired then you do 2 weeks of company orientation then you start your FT time.

OP
OP
J

Juarez

Forum Crew Member
Are the questions that are asked basically like questions from the test or are they questions based on yourself?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
They are more along the lines of "tell me why you want to work for riverside division?" "what made you want to become an EMT/medic?" etc. And then some "what would you do in this situation?"

OP
OP
J

Juarez

Forum Crew Member
Oh alright, situations such as like what would you do if your partner crashed and you were supposed to be backing him like those types, or more along the lines of the national registry type questions? And the group interview would be for..?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Oh alright, situations such as like what would you do if your partner crashed and you were supposed to be backing him like those types, or more along the lines of the national registry type questions? And the group interview would be for..?

Pretty much like your first question. If you are first on scene of a car accident where would you park the ambulance....etc. And the group interview it's kind of just so you can see were the other people trying to get hired are from and their experience.

cherpy66

Forum Crew Member
yeah when i was hired, i had an interview with the head sup at riverside north deployment. dress nice and be ready to answer . "describe a time when u were under extreme stress and how you handled it." or describe a time when you helped somoene out with great customer service" or "explain a time when u dealt with a customer or somoene in a bad mood, and how you handled the situation. its alot of customer service and how you deal with stress. it wasnt that bad to be honest.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
There you go. I was waiting for Cherpy to post a comment

OP
OP
J

Juarez

Forum Crew Member
I believe I've waited about 3 months to get an interview date and about 3 weeks since I received the interview date, and I interview next week. They told me that they weren't hiring, but that I would hear back from hr by the following Monday. So who knows, maybe they just want people through the process to be available when spots open up.

Btw, thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

yanikemt

Forum Crew Member
Thank you I was curious because I have been waiting for just about 3 months and wanted to get an idea.

truckieco2

Forum Ride Along
and how about a skills test on this Group interview? I am about to leave for the Riverside County interview in an hour. ASAP please

truckieco2

Forum Ride Along
do you know what to expect? Is that your second interview?
I should have asked if we were going to be tested on skills

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
do you know what to expect? Is that your second interview?
I should have asked if we were going to be tested on skills

2 of my friends got hired at riverside and they did not have to do any kind of skills test.

OP
OP
J

Juarez

Forum Crew Member
It's going to be my first, and I have no clue just from reading stuff on here. But let me know how it goes hopefully they're hiring.

cherpy66

Forum Crew Member
2nd interview

nope no skills. you just listen to the main ops manager of riverside and he gives his view. then after u must tell him u want the job. after the interview, u wait for rancho hr to call and offer u a job, then drug test and physical test, then 2 week orientation, the 1 month als fto time, the 2-3 days of bls fto time, then ur given a shift, it will be bls or cct. no als shifts are open for newbies. i think that should answer ur questions

OP
OP
J

Juarez

Forum Crew Member
Do they give ALS spots to people with experience or you have to start out on bls? Do they hire part time? Also do they work around school or no?

cherpy66

Forum Crew Member
hiring

they are hiring a bunch of new people, like 40-60 in rivco alone. so make sure to stay on top of things. and id bet you wont get full time due to the massive hirings. and for you als fto times, i did mine in south (Sun city and temec region) but live in redlands so it was quite the drive. there are more ftos in south then in north. so dont wait for ftos to open up, if theres one available, take it even if its a bad drive, or else youll be vst until all the other new hires get done with als.