AMR Riverside/Hemet

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Just finished the green card and am about to do the pat. I really don't wanna go back to the DMV to turn it in :(

mike1390

Forum Captain
you dont need to turn anything in. jessica said to keep the form and turn it in to her at orientation. you keep the green card in your wallet.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah good :) Just finished the two packets... My hand hurts from all the signatures now XD

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Have any of you guys worked dispatch for AMR? Im trying to figure out what to expect.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah where is AMR hiring in so cal for dispatch?? I wouldn't mind being a dispatcher..

No clue.

Just got everything turned into Jessica... All done ;D

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
my guess is multitask multitask and more multitasking, I think it would be interesting to work dispatch

Yup, I had my preemployment testing done today.. WHEW. like 8 things going on at once! It's cool though, I even enjoyed the test.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
What's all on the evoc test? Were taking it tomorrow. Im confident about it, just a little stressed because I can't fail it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What's all on the evoc test? Were taking it tomorrow. Im confident about it, just a little stressed because I can't fail it.

It's a mix of everything they told you during class. From min tire depth to the amount of water to hydroplane, the different sizes and weights of ambulances, speed laws, red light guidelines, etc.

It's extremely hard to fail the test. No one from my EVOC course failed

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Passed the test. Now the hard part. Driving. Lol

Rev.IKON

Forum Crew Member
Congrats to all of you. Should I expect the same thing for Sb county. Vv specifically.

Meaning one interview with possible skills?

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Congrats to all of you. Should I expect the same thing for Sb county. Vv specifically.

Meaning one interview with possible skills?

The last I heard Palm Springs is the only one that does a skills test.

Rev.IKON

Forum Crew Member
I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Message sent from Hell. Aka: DMV

Last edited by a moderator:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, those tests were easy. The only remotely difficult was the one where you had to go left or right at 15/20/25 and then back up. And that's juts because you HAVE to shuffle steer and you don't know which way you're gonna go until you're right on the turn. There was one A-Hole instructor that I may talk to someone about, he had an attitude with everyone and got snappy with people that have never ever used that particular piece of equipment.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
FF, how long after you started divisional orientation did you start FTO? Our division starts on the 13th.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
FF, how long after you started divisional orientation did you start FTO? Our division starts on the 13th.

After the 2 weeks at Rancho it's about a half day orientation for PS. I started my FTO time literally the next day.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
After the 2 weeks at Rancho it's about a half day orientation for PS. I started my FTO time literally the next day.

I'm gonna aim for that night if possible :p I really want to get through my FTO.