AMR rank structure?

OneBerry12345

Forum Ride Along
Do AMR have a rank structure? I so what are the different ranks and callsigns?

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Do AMR have a rank structure? I so what are the different ranks and callsigns?
It's shop dependent. Locally the FTO's, Supervisors, and Admin would be the officers. The FTO's basically are the "Captains". They even have award ribbons now as well as badges.

It's all for show as an FTO essentially has zero authority.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
As @GMCmedic said, it’s division dependent. Some have lieutenants, captains, etc. While others don’t.

The AMR division I know is pretty much: field crews -> paramedic supervisor -> operations manager -> general manager.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
As @GMCmedic said, it’s division dependent. Some have lieutenants, captains, etc. While others don’t.

The AMR division I know is pretty much: field crews -> paramedic supervisor -> operations manager -> general manager.
That's how my division was. We weren't even given any FTO bling to show we were FTO so you didn't even really know. They'd have to tell you or have to have a trainee with them. It didn't matter. Was an extra $1/hour for the FTO, they could get overtime helping with new hire classes, and generally got to experiment with new gadgets first.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Wouldn't peons and management be a much simpler structure?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The AMR FTOs here do not have any "rank" on the rest of the street providers. Even the FTO supervisor is not a supervisor to street crews nor can he function as one. Our "backup supervisors" also do not function as supervisors unless they are working as a supervisor as that shift, when they're on a car like the rest of us there's no rank. Otherwise there's an ops supe on 24/7 and an admin supe on during weekdays. They go by "Ops #" on the radio, I am sure each operation has its own radio procedure.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
We have the same setup.

CharlotteGriffin

Forum Probie
Yeah the FTO program is really just about the training...what I have seen is the On Duty Supervisor is the only real field employee with any kind of higher rank. Otherwise, separate management or comms staff. But your mileage will vary