AMR Los Angeles Training schedule

cali12

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone!

I have been searching everywhere to the answer to this question(s) but heres my problem. I will be going to UC Irvine in the fall. I start at the end of September. Last year I interviewed with AMR and was basically offered the job but I couldn't take it because of the orientation. I was in school full time and I couldn't miss that much. I have time now to do the orientation but I am wondering what does the training look like after the orientation? Is it a set schedule or do they train off my availability? They are only hiring full time right now and I was also wondering what types of shifts AMR does: 6AM-6PM? I will also be in school full time in fall and would like to do night shifts. Is this possible based off anyone's experience being hired and trained?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello everyone!

I have been searching everywhere to the answer to this question(s) but heres my problem. I will be going to UC Irvine in the fall. I start at the end of September. Last year I interviewed with AMR and was basically offered the job but I couldn't take it because of the orientation. I was in school full time and I couldn't miss that much. I have time now to do the orientation but I am wondering what does the training look like after the orientation? Is it a set schedule or do they train off my availability? They are only hiring full time right now and I was also wondering what types of shifts AMR does: 6AM-6PM? I will also be in school full time in fall and would like to do night shifts. Is this possible based off anyone's experience being hired and trained?
It's set training. It consist of 8 hour days 5 days a week.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
How long are you paired up and train with them?

dependent on the FTO 12 or 24 hr shift. and as gonefishing said length of training depends on the minimum shifts set by the division and based on the performance from the trainee.

example: at another amr division minimum fto shift was 5, max of 10. if you didn't clear training in 10 you were extended and put of a performance improvement plan.

OP
OP
C

cali12

Forum Ride Along
dependent on the FTO 12 or 24 hr shift. and as gonefishing said length of training depends on the minimum shifts set by the division and based on the performance from the trainee.

example: at another amr division minimum fto shift was 5, max of 10. if you didn't clear training in 10 you were extended and put of a performance improvement plan.
For some reason I was thinking training was much, much longer than that.

For full time,
What shifts does AMR work off of? Like for overnight or morning, weekends, etc?