AMR Hiring SoCal?

OP
OP
T

teufulhund

Forum Probie
I’ve been there for nearly 19 years. Part time for the last year. Some great experiences and just like any company you have IFTs. It’s a great place to work
Thanks man I’ll look into it!

OP
OP
T

teufulhund

Forum Probie
I’ve been there for nearly 19 years. Part time for the last year. Some great experiences and just like any company you have IFTs. It’s a great place to work
What’s their part time schedule look like?
(That’s all they’re hiring, based off their website)

Medic4life50

Forum Ride Along
That doesn’t sound too bad. Never heard of that company before, how are they?
I’ve been there for nearly 19 years. Part time for the last year. Some great experiences and just like any company you have IFTs. It’s a great place to work.
What’s their part time schedule look like?
(That’s all they’re hiring, based off their website)
you have to pick up a minimum of two days a month

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Apparently, he doesn’t want to answer your questions, except give you the “We are so tough, Corporate ran off with their tails between their legs...” bs.
Interesting. I actually didn't feel Iike wasting my time answering ridiculous questions. To be part time in Riverside, AMR requires you work 3 shifts a month.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Interesting. I actually didn't feel Iike wasting my time answering ridiculous questions. To be part time in Riverside, AMR requires you work 3 shifts a month.

How’s medic pay?

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
Well right now starting medic I believe is like $16.60ish. Once the new contract goes through it will be almost $19

The difference in starting wages between EMT & Paramedic are that close?
About $1.60 prior and only $2 after the new contract? That’s kinda rough.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Yep. They made the gap bigger this go around just waiting on the official pay scale. They wanted to give more incentive to get your Paramedic license.

RocketMedic

Yep. They made the gap bigger this go around just waiting on the official pay scale. They wanted to give more incentive to get your Paramedic license.

I wonder if they pay decently well for experience.

RocketMedic

How does scene control work out there in San Diego and Riverside? Like is it a college of peers/equals, transporting in charge, etc or is AMR totally subordinate to Fire a la “Emergency”

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
How does scene control work out there in San Diego and Riverside? Like is it a college of peers/equals, transporting in charge, etc or is AMR totally subordinate to Fire a la “Emergency”
For Riverside county the first medic to arrive on scene has patient care. If it’s a fire medic then they are supposed to hand over all patient care ASAP when the transport medic has arrived by county protocol.

Virgil

Forum Crew Member
For Riverside county the first medic to arrive on scene has patient care. If it’s a fire medic then they are supposed to hand over all patient care ASAP when the transport medic has arrived by county protocol.
If that's the case, are most AMR Riverside rigs ALS? Is it two Medics, Basic/Medic, or both sometimes?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If that's the case, are most AMR Riverside rigs ALS? Is it two Medics, Basic/Medic, or both sometimes?
All ambulances that respond to 911 calls are staffed ALS, usually Medic/EMT however they can sometimes be staffed EMT/EMT.

Under current county policy BLS units can run 911 calls only in the event the closest ALS unit is going to take >30 minutes to arrive on scene however they must take a firefighter paramedic with them while transporting. The county still has the view that all 911 calls will have a medic in charge of patient care no matter the complaint.

Virgil

Forum Crew Member
All ambulances that respond to 911 calls are staffed ALS, usually Medic/EMT however they can sometimes be staffed EMT/EMT.

Under current county policy BLS units can run 911 calls only in the event the closest ALS unit is going to take >30 minutes to arrive on scene however they must take a firefighter paramedic with them while transporting. The county still has the view that all 911 calls will have a medic in charge of patient care no matter the complaint.
Interesting, and I've heard that the scope of practice for EMTs is a bit bigger than LA, is this true or is it more ALS assist than LA County?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Interesting, and I've heard that the scope of practice for EMTs is a bit bigger than LA, is this true or is it more ALS assist than LA County?
Neither county has stellar EMT protocols so it’s a toss up. If you are on a 911 ambulance you may get to use some of your skills. If you are on a BLS IFT ambulance then you will likely not use your skills often at all.

Virgil

Forum Crew Member
Neither county has stellar EMT protocols so it’s a toss up. If you are on a 911 ambulance you may get to use some of your skills. If you are on a BLS IFT ambulance then you will likely not use your skills often at all.
Fair enough, thanks for the responses, just trying to wrap my head around everything before the interview.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
In Kern Co. BLS (EMT/ EMT) ambulances run all sorts of 911 calls without any paramedics whatsoever, do handoffs/ receive handoffs from paramedics etc., and utilize their BLS skills daily. Just sayin'...