AMR Hiring Question

911Knight

Forum Probie
Hi everybody...

Quick question about AMR... If you don't pass their oral interview (say in one county) can you re-apply in the same county at a later date? Also, does anybody know how they score their interviews? I am in the SF Bay Area in Cali.

I know this subject has probably been beaten to death but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
sure you could. would you be hired the second time, depends.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
IS AMR on a hiring frenzy? We're getting a lot of questions about them recently!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
IS AMR on a hiring frenzy? We're getting a lot of questions about them recently!
It's because we are now the first or second result when someone searches for AMR related terms.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
No, the hiring freeze was lifted is all.

motomedic

Forum Crew Member
Im going through the process for a bay area unit right know. They got my information orginally from another place I applied to so they do communicate with each other. The lady knew I have applied all over. worst case is just ask. Does anyone know how the transfer policy works??? is it 6 months probation then you can put in for it?

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
6 months, no write ups, there has to be an opening where you're going, and BOTH divisions have to approve it.

medic3416

Forum Probie
You could not pay me enough to work for AMR. They are truly a bottom line corporation with no regard for patient care or their employees. My advice: keep looking for a decent service that actually cares about the patients that are put into their ambulances and the people that put them there. :excl:

tycoon916

Forum Ride Along
You could not pay me enough to work for AMR. They are truly a bottom line corporation with no regard for patient care or their employees. My advice: keep looking for a decent service that actually cares about the patients that are put into their ambulances and the people that put them there. :excl:

wow thats a bold and very ignorant statement you just made there.

berkeman

Forum Lieutenant

AMR has a mixed reputation among the medics that I know, but I don't think any of them would say what you said. Do you have a grievance against AMR? How long have you worked for them as a paramedic?

kecpercussion

Forum Lieutenant
I think a lot of what people say about AMR is just hearsay. If you don't or never have worked for them then you don't know how it is to work for them. I personally think they are a good company. There are some things they could fix but so could any other company.

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief

I work for AMR - I care a great deal about the patient.. in fact, that is my over-riding concern and the reason I go to work everyday. I have nothing but support and assistance from my supervisors because I have shown them my commitment to patient care. I don't give a fiddler's f--- for promotion, advancement etc.. and just want to become the best possible street medic I can. I really resent your statement.

OP
OP
911Knight

911Knight

Forum Probie
Was anybody here in the latest round of interviews for Santa Clara County AMR? Did you get a call yet for an academy date?

kecpercussion

Forum Lieutenant
I got to the second interview in a different county and still have not received a call. How long have you bee waiting?

OP
OP
911Knight

911Knight

Forum Probie
I had my first interview last Monday...They said they give you a call in a week. Do they normally do second interviews?

OP
OP
911Knight

911Knight

Forum Probie
OK, so it looks like we are in the same boat. I wonder how many people interviewed?

I have no EMT experience, was certified back in January of this year, and finding a job has been real tough.