AMR Employed

cspinebrah

Forum Crew Member
Just got picked up by Irwindale AMR, anyone know what to expect for my first day or overall?:mellow:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Death by paperwork and late eighties videos lol

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Geeze guys, don't go getting me too excited for my 2 week mon-fri 0800-1700 orientation in Riverside... :wacko:

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Amr

Geeze guys, don't go getting me too excited for my 2 week mon-fri 0800-1700 orientation in Riverside... :wacko:

I start my two weeks @ Riverside on the 9th. You as well ?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang I tested at Irwindale at the end of May, was told I passed and never got called back for an interview, every time I call I get an answering machine. Maybe I'll just show up and ask nicely as to what my status is lol

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Dang I tested at Irwindale at the end of May, was told I passed and never got called back for an interview, every time I call I get an answering machine. Maybe I'll just show up and ask nicely as to what my status is lol

LA County and Kern are 180 degrees different man. Ya it will be fun to run 911 but it will get old very fast when fire just uses you as a gurney monkey and they do everything. You just stand there maybe help with a bp then load and go. You are not going to be doing the assessments while fire is there, just FYI.

LA County and Kern are 180 degrees different man. Ya it will be fun to run 911 but it will get old very fast when fire just uses you as a gurney monkey and they do everything. You just stand there maybe help with a bp then load and go. You are not going to be doing the assessments while fire is there, just FYI.

Don't ignore San Bernardino county. Icema protocols are pretty liberal and you don't have to move to Bakersfield?!?! to get away from LA county.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Don't ignore San Bernardino county. Icema protocols are pretty liberal and you don't have to move to Bakersfield?!?! to get away from LA county.

Lol don't listen to this addrobo guy lol but I worked in ICEMA, great protocols as well but still ALS Fire. Makes a huge difference honestly. And priority dispatching where no matter if you respond in a ALS or BLS unit, YOU are in complete control of scene, pt, and txp destination. You are doing everything. BLS is even fun because of that. You really learn a lot!

Gurney Jockey

Forum Probie
Yup, that's the one. At least I'll have one internet friend on the group! :p

Can I be your friend too? I start orientation on the 9th as well! :lol:

IrightI

Forum Crew Member
Are the inland counties for AMR still looking for medics or are they slowing down with the hiring? Any info would be great!

IrightI

Forum Crew Member
It cycles. Looks like Riverside, Rancho, Palm Springs, and Hemet have open apps among others like Victorville, napa, San Fran, San Diego, etc.

https://career4.successfactors.com/...OB_SEARCH&_s.crb=R2YvsrIiA3oHc2nxxeqTH9Kglns=

I have been looking at that website; keeping an eye on postings. I'll be coming back to SoCal in the next month, and Im trying to feel out whether or not AMR will still have medic spots. My bills won't be too happy if I'm an unemployed medic back home in SoCal, hahaha. Might end up having to do the jaunt from SoCal to Hall if they are still open. Who knows.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I have been looking at that website; keeping an eye on postings. I'll be coming back to SoCal in the next month, and Im trying to feel out whether or not AMR will still have medic spots. My bills won't be too happy if I'm an unemployed medic back home in SoCal, hahaha. Might end up having to do the jaunt from SoCal to Hall if they are still open. Who knows.

Apply now. It took me 2 weeks to get an acknowledgement of my application and invitation to take the written test. The written test is essentially an open invitation to take when you want and many different locations. I waited 6 weeks to take the test. After that, it's a waiting game for an interview.

Toss your app in now.

IrightI

Forum Crew Member
Apply now. It took me 2 weeks to get an acknowledgement of my application and invitation to take the written test. The written test is essentially an open invitation to take when you want and many different locations. I waited 6 weeks to take the test. After that, it's a waiting game for an interview.

Toss your app in now.

Good deal. How's the written and interview for a medic?