AMR Employed

BLS

Forum Ride Along
I didn't make it quite far enough to ask this there, but does anyone know what sort of schedule a Part Time EMT would work?

I got hired as a part time, and they told me that I had to work at least one shift per week, but I can pick up more shifts, actually I do more hours than the ones hired as a full time .:p

agunob

Forum Probie
I was told by HR last week that AMR LA County (Irwindale, Santa Clarita and Lancaster included) isn't hiring EMTs and doesn't expect to until the beginning of next year.

I was told the same thing when I interviewed with AMR Riverside yesterday.

Jacedc

Forum Probie
Does AMR pay during the orientation? Also what day of the week does the evoc take place, in the beginning of the week or later? I just got hired and start the 14th, of october. But I was wondering if anyone could answer this? Thanks.

Does AMR pay during the orientation? Also what day of the week does the evoc take place, in the beginning of the week or later? I just got hired and start the 14th, of october. But I was wondering if anyone could answer this? Thanks.

Yes you get paid during orientation. As far as specific dates for EVOC, it helps if you tell us where you got hired.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
1. Orientation is paid.
2. Orientation is 1 week. Two days of classroom going over policies and procedures.
3. Usually the last two days of the week are EVOC. On a Monday through Friday orientation, Thursday is EVOC classroom day and Friday is EVOC behind the wheel day.
4. Be prepared to drive out to Lancaster at least twice.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
1. Orientation is paid.
2. Orientation is 1 week. Two days of classroom going over policies and procedures.
3. Usually the last two days of the week are EVOC. On a Monday through Friday orientation, Thursday is EVOC classroom day and Friday is EVOC behind the wheel day.
4. Be prepared to drive out to Lancaster at least twice.

I'm assuming that would be the same orientation schedule for Part Timers? Or do they figure a PT has other stuff going on that they can adjust that schedule somewhat?

I just started a new full time job a few days ago, but am still hoping to get called back to retest/interview for Part time EMT at Irwindale in the next couple weeks. (Anybody know the pay rate for that? Just curious)

I'm assuming that would be the same orientation schedule for Part Timers? Or do they figure a PT has other stuff going on that they can adjust that schedule somewhat?

I just started a new full time job a few days ago, but am still hoping to get called back to retest/interview for Part time EMT at Irwindale in the next couple weeks. (Anybody know the pay rate for that? Just curious)

Same orientation schedule for everybody. It's two weeks long for San Bernardino county/Riverside county new-hires.

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
Hear the new memo about all AMR employees now being forced to recite "I pledge allegiance to the corporation..." at the start of every shift? :cool:

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence

Same orientation schedule for all. You have to make it work. If you can't make it then you're out (they may roll your hire date back but I doubt it).
If you want to know details about pay rates shoot me a message. :cool:

Hear the new memo about all AMR employees now being forced to recite "I pledge allegiance to the corporation..." at the start of every shift? :cool:
Corporate Kool-aid will be served.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrmunkmunk

Forum Ride Along
Anyone know if 2nd skills day is much more different than the first for interview. Pretty nervous
Failed for a dumb mistake :(

GeorroEMT

Forum Probie
Anyone know if 2nd skills day is much more different than the first for interview. Pretty nervous
Failed for a dumb mistake :(
Was your skil the same as the first or was it a different one? Failed my first time to with something stupid to :( have my second chance this week