Ambulance stopped by ICE, PT's papers inspected, PT deported

phideux

Forum Captain
Do you imply that illegal immigrants receive state Medicaid?

I'm not sure what she is receiving, but everyone hears stuff about what people here illegally receive as far as aid. I just want to know who is paying for her "non-ambulance, medical sedan" rides, along with her surgery and before/aftercare. Is it her parents who are not in this country legally, or is it us???
I couldn't afford to have Gallbladder surgery along with the before and aftercare even though I have insurance and work at the hospital that would be performing the surgery. Due to the co-pays and deductibles. Plus they then say that I wouldn't qualify for any type of transport back and forth to the hospital and would have to find my own way. So the question I just asked was who is paying for this???
I'm just tired of a huge chunk of my paychecks being stolen to pay for people to get stuff that I can't afford for myself.
What do you think the local authorities would do if you were to sneak across the border into Mexico and you were caught in a check-point after living there for awhile with your family, who also illegally crossed the border, while you were on your way to the local hospital. You wouldn't be treated as hospitable as you would be up here on this side of the fence. Plus you would sit in a ****-hole of a third world style prison for quite awhile until you were deported back to the US. So would the rest of your family after they rounded them up.

phideux

Forum Captain

Working in the ER, out in triage, I've seen patients come up to registration with a Mexico ID card and a Medicaid card.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I couldn't afford to have Gallbladder surgery along with the before and aftercare even though I have insurance and work at the hospital that would be performing the surgery. Due to the co-pays and deductibles. Plus they then say that I wouldn't qualify for any type of transport back and forth to the hospital and would have to find my own way. So the question I just asked was who is paying for this???
I'm just tired of a huge chunk of my paychecks being stolen to pay for people to get stuff that I can't afford for myself.

This is an issues that has nothing at all to do with immigrants, illegal or otherwise, because they probably make up a small minority of welfare recipients.

If we want to live in a welfare state, we have to pay for it.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

There are legitimate ways that illegal immigrants can receive state Medicaid although probably that common. Fraud is probably a bigger issue. Still does not take away from the fact that they cause a substantial burden of non-reimbursable medical care.
https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/o...ity-for-non-citizens-in-medicaid-and-chip.pdf

Likely a bias website but still breaks down the estimate 17+ billion in estimated medical costs
https://fairus.org/issue/publicatio...n-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers

phideux

Forum Captain
I do believe this is what they call "fraud".
Yeah it's fraud. But why would the state issue the Medicaid card, or sign anyone up without the proper ID? I think that is one of the real issues, it isn't politically correct to fully identify folks signing up for entitlement programs anymore, lest we trample their civil rights and get labeled as racist pigs nowadays.