Ambulance Companies

JJ Vagabond

Forum Ride Along
What are some of the biggest private ambulance companies that provided 911 services? I only know of Paramedic Plus, AMR, & Acadian.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Amr and falck are the biggest companies that provide 911 in some areas

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Rural/Metro if you don't count it with AMR. The two companies are still separate. Owned by the same parent company Envision Healthcare.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
The largest is AMR.
AMR is known for buying out smaller companies, so many other private services are owned by envision healthcare - which is where AMR originates from. AMR/envision has bought out rural metro, EMSA (big in okc and Tulsa areas) pridemark, etc.
Falck, which is the biggest private service in Europe from my understanding, has started popping up more and more as well.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
The largest is AMR.
AMR is known for buying out smaller companies, so many other private services are owned by envision healthcare - which is where AMR originates from. AMR/envision has bought out rural metro, EMSA (big in okc and Tulsa areas) pridemark, etc.
Falck, which is the biggest private service in Europe from my understanding, has started popping up more and more as well.
Yeah Falck is kinda doing the same thing as AMR, buying up a lot of smaller companies, and keeping their name. For example Care Ambulance in Orange and Los Angeles Counties got bought out by Falck a few years ago but is still operating as Care, while Falck is also opening up operations under their own name so here and there you'll see ambulances that say Falck on the side.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah Falck is kinda doing the same thing as AMR, buying up a lot of smaller companies, and keeping their name. For example Care Ambulance in Orange and Los Angeles Counties got bought out by Falck a few years ago but is still operating as Care, while Falck is also opening up operations under their own name so here and there you'll see ambulances that say Falck on the side.
The final showdown will probably be between AMR and Falck.

I bet eventually (way down the line) one will buy the other. And it will be global domination....and by global I just mean the US and Europe.....