Ambulance building hit with battering ram; supplies and equipment missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

paramedichopeful

Forum Lieutenant
:excl:Ok guys, I know I haven't been on here for awhile (lots of things going on that demand my attention) and I hate to return with bad news, but I must. So here goes. On August 27th, an alarm was tripped at the ambulance building around 2:15 A.M. By the time police were able to respond, the back door had been hit with something and the inside of the ambulance bays had been pillaged. Our director arrived shortly after the police and was not all too happy with what he saw. The supply room, which has all our sheets, dressings, IV kits, jump bags, and everything else in it had been kicked open and several items are missing. The back door of one of our rigs has a dent and a shoe print on it, and there was also damage to the other units as well. The sliding side door on our SuperChief was wide open and items were missing from it as well, i.e. IV supplies, BP cuffs, and our Defib unit. The heart monitor was also tampered with, although it was left in place (probably because it is locked down to the countertop mount). It seems they weren't only after drug supplies, because the big picture window between the bays and the office was smashed, although the safety glass did not fully give in. The door was also tried, but it was still intact. The classroom was a shambles too, but there was nothing in there worth taking (of course). So, within minutes this bunch had time to raise hell and loot the place, and escape before police arrived. They are still searching for this bunch of drugheads (yes, that's what they are, unless hospitals are so poor they hire professional crooks to go steal IV equipment from an ambulance dept.) and I hope they find them. Because of this trash, we are missing around 9 grand in supplies and equipment, and we have further damages to our ambos that will cost even more, not to mention that 2 of them are still out of commission. Pretty good if you ask me. We try to help the fools and then they have the gall to trash someone else's place and 5 finger discount the supplies that people's dear lives depend on when they call 911. What is wrong with these people?

Tell me what you think about this. I wanna know how you feel about a community service being treated like :censored::censored::censored::censored: (excuse the lingo) and what you think should be done to the losers that did this. They better hope n pray I never get ahold of 'em, because NOBODY messes with my brothers. Nobody!! And their *** is really grass for smashing the freakin windows, spilling crap on the floor, and busting the touchpanel on the unit I take pride in as being MY unit. A Braun does not deserve to be treated like that. What a bunch of morons! :angry::angry::angry::censored::censored:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Not necessarily drug addicts... That stuff sells for a lot on ebay.

Also, lock the doors to offices, trucks, etc.

Must be slow acting police if they had all the time to do that with locked doors

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
Also, it isnt worth throwing your career away for people like that.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Whoa, easy there cowboy. No need for the emotional vigilante statements. Crime is part of the world we live in, try and not take it so personally and emotionally.

OP
OP
paramedichopeful

paramedichopeful

Forum Lieutenant
Not necessarily drug addicts... That stuff sells for a lot on ebay.

Also, lock the doors to offices, trucks, etc.

Must be slow acting police if they had all the time to do that with locked doors
And that's the thing. We lock the doors on the building, set the alarm, and leave. Everyone figures that the building being locked will keep them out of the ambos. Apparently not! I always had that bad feeling about not lockign the rigs, but I figured the Medics knew what they were talking about and I was just the student. i hate to sound big headed, but I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how do you sell medical supplies on the web? "Hey man, I got 50 ft of IV tubing up for sale this week. Got any body that wanna buy some?" Sounds weird, and if it is how it goes then shame on them for making the healthcare field look bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
You know, anger only creates more anger. No offence but you are no better than them if you react to them. Ya they stole stuff and got away with it. Ya that stuff cost money and put you out of service. Thats what insurance is for and I am sure they may be caught.

Yes as you stated it is that easy to sell medical stuff..I mean look at the world around you.

Calm down and just keep living your life, it goes on.

Cory

Forum Captain
And that's the thing. We lock the doors on the building, set the alarm, and leave. Everyone figures that the building being locked will keep them out of the ambos. Apparently not! I always had that bad feeling about not lockign the rigs, but I figured the Medics knew what they were talking about and I was just the student. i hate to sound big headed, but I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how do you sell medical supplies on the web? "Hey man, I got 50 ft of IV tubing up for sale this week. Got any body that wanna buy some?" Sounds weird, and if it is how it goes then shame on them for making the healthcare field look bad.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=IV+tubing&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Anywhere from $1.50 to $115.00, snd yes it is stupid, and no, no one is going to buy it.

OP
OP
paramedichopeful

paramedichopeful

Forum Lieutenant
Whoa, easy there cowboy. No need for the emotional vigilante statements. Crime is part of the world we live in, try and not take it so personally and emotionally.
yeah i know. i was just so pissed that i had put in so much time and work into the place, and then some lowlifes decide to have a heyday with it. and my rig? i mean, your rig says a lot about your level of professionalism. next time i go out in it it will have a ruined floor and dents in the door. director says we're gonna fix the touchpanel and window, wait until later to fix the rest (which i doubt ever happens). and i took so much pride in that truck. it really torks me off when i put time and effort into something and then it gets destroyed. had it happened on scene? no big deal; the rig is there to get out into the thick of things and do its job in the worst conditions. but getting the hell beat out of it while it sits in the bay is entirely unacceptable. i hope when these losers call 911 they don't get a unit. wait, that's a little overboard. everyone deserves emergency care regardless of how worthless they are. maybe they will get an IV stuck in their *** or have to be given morphine in suppository form. karma is a good thing, unless you're a loser like the bunch that did this crap.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I know you are upset and all, but is the siggy really necesary? Really, it is a bit over the top.

Sasha

Forum Chief

Find a whacker looking to stock their personal kits and cant get an Rx for the stuff.

Just lock the trucks and the doors.

OP
OP
paramedichopeful

paramedichopeful

Forum Lieutenant
we were all sittin' around after class talkin about it today, and thank god everything was insured. the only problem is that it is only covered to a certain amount because it was a break-in and not the building catching fire or a flood sweeping it away. and, of course, only the defib and the touchpanel in the SuperChief is covered, besides the stolen supplies. The smashed glass, destroyed doors, and raped-up paint on the rigs is not covered, which was one of the biggest chunks of damage. how convenient? they just had to pick the limited coverage :censored::censored::censored::censored: to get after.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
we were all sittin' around after class talkin about it today, and thank god everything was insured. the only problem is that it is only covered to a certain amount because it was a break-in and not the building catching fire or a flood sweeping it away. and, of course, only the defib and the touchpanel in the SuperChief is covered, besides the stolen supplies. The smashed glass, destroyed doors, and raped-up paint on the rigs is not covered, which was one of the biggest chunks of damage. how convenient? they just had to pick the limited coverage :censored::censored::censored::censored: to get after.

Dude, you SERIOUSLY might want to consider changing your signature. That drama you talk about is there in the signature itself. Plus, you might want to re-evaluate the whole "whacker" comment.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Any news articles?

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Yea I officially can't believe a word of what you say anymore. Either you are the most clever troll on the net or you are really naive.

Edit: Posted before I read Jon's post. If you can post an article, I'll eat crow.

OP
OP
paramedichopeful

paramedichopeful

Forum Lieutenant
Yea I officially can't believe a word of what you say anymore. Either you are the most clever troll on the net or you are really naive.

Edit: Posted before I read Jon's post. If you can post an article, I'll eat crow.
yeah i'll get right on that, especially seeing how we got our :censored: chewed today for talking about it and telling everybody else. yep, after i sat through a meeting and got :censored: at for talking about it, i'm gonna post a news article that tells the details of where it happened and has pictures the place looking like hell. yeah, i dont think so. i'm not that stupid. i don't like it when you have a director going ape :censored: on everyone.

P.S. watch what you post on the web; somebody else saw what i posted on my online blog and snitched to the director and the most senior Medic there. so yes, my *** was in the sling. was given a warning about posting such things online and was told that any other offenses would be dealt with accordingly. so yeah, i was 'angry', but i wasn't the only one in the line of fire today. but i was the only one that got pulled into the office and given the wonderful fortune (taste the sarcasm here) of havign a closed-door one on one with the director, the instructor, and the Medic that ratted me out. why the heck does trouble just find me?

so in answer to your question, no i am not posting an article on here. i would like to not have my *** in trouble any more over this deal, and i would also like to stay in my EMT class. i cant believe i am already gettin crap for what happened yesterday. wth? and how does another department find out about the :censored: and try to start somethin'?! what the heck is up with this deal???!!! people are so frickin' quick to judge anymore it's pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
:excl:Ok guys, I know I haven't been on here for awhile (lots of things going on that demand my attention) and I hate to return with bad news, but I must. So here goes. On August 27th, an alarm was tripped at the ambulance building around 2:15 A.M. By the time police were able to respond, the back door had been hit with something and the inside of the ambulance bays had been pillaged. Our director arrived shortly after the police and was not all too happy with what he saw. The supply room, which has all our sheets, dressings, IV kits, jump bags, and everything else in it had been kicked open and several items are missing. The back door of one of our rigs has a dent and a shoe print on it, and there was also damage to the other units as well. The sliding side door on our SuperChief was wide open and items were missing from it as well, i.e. IV supplies, BP cuffs, and our Defib unit. The heart monitor was also tampered with, although it was left in place (probably because it is locked down to the countertop mount). It seems they weren't only after drug supplies, because the big picture window between the bays and the office was smashed, although the safety glass did not fully give in. The door was also tried, but it was still intact. The classroom was a shambles too, but there was nothing in there worth taking (of course). So, within minutes this bunch had time to raise hell and loot the place, and escape before police arrived. They are still searching for this bunch of drugheads (yes, that's what they are, unless hospitals are so poor they hire professional crooks to go steal IV equipment from an ambulance dept.) and I hope they find them. Because of this trash, we are missing around 9 grand in supplies and equipment, and we have further damages to our ambos that will cost even more, not to mention that 2 of them are still out of commission. Pretty good if you ask me. We try to help the fools and then they have the gall to trash someone else's place and 5 finger discount the supplies that people's dear lives depend on when they call 911. What is wrong with these people?

Tell me what you think about this. I wanna know how you feel about a community service being treated like :censored::censored::censored::censored: (excuse the lingo) and what you think should be done to the losers that did this. They better hope n pray I never get ahold of 'em, because NOBODY messes with my brothers. Nobody!! And their *** is really grass for smashing the freakin windows, spilling crap on the floor, and busting the touchpanel on the unit I take pride in as being MY unit. A Braun does not deserve to be treated like that. What a bunch of morons! :angry::angry::angry::censored::censored:[/QU

That is truely sickening, though it is outside you're control. we had one of our stations broken in to once. A large decorative Lawn rock was thrown through the back window, the station was vandalized. Lockers were smashed, Personal belongings missing, as well as two firearms, an nearly 700 rounds of ammo. two shots were fired inside the building. The perpetrator was picked up about 20 minutes later, strung out on drugs. kid was 13. we still have the bullet holes in the wall, though this happened many years ago

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
That is truely sickening, though it is outside you're control. we had one of our stations broken in to once. A large decorative Lawn rock was thrown through the back window, the station was vandalized. Lockers were smashed, Personal belongings missing, as well as two firearms, an nearly 700 rounds of ammo. two shots were fired inside the building. The perpetrator was picked up about 20 minutes later, strung out on drugs. kid was 13. we still have the bullet holes in the wall, though this happened many years ago

OP
OP
paramedichopeful

paramedichopeful

Forum Lieutenant
Dude, you SERIOUSLY might want to consider changing your signature. That drama you talk about is there in the signature itself. Plus, you might want to re-evaluate the whole "whacker" comment.
waht i am getting at there is the fact that every fool who wants an excuse to drive a big truck over the speed limit thinks he/she can be an EMT. i have no problem if someone wants to join the force, but they better not be doign it because they want to drive fast and go from 0-60 in no time flat. that's why they made racetracks, so if that's what they want they can go there. when will people ever learn that speed kills? ask those wannabes how much they like speed when they get on-scene of a fiery crash and there is blood everywhere and the pt. is toasted beyond recognition. somebody actually do the research and find out how many people get killed each day by driving like wired up maniacs who think an SUV is bulletproof, roll proof, semi-truck proof, or concrete highway barrier proof. i already know the stats, just want every1 else 2 see what it takes to destroy a human body. well, i'm sure most experienced EMT'S/Medics could write a book telling such, but for the wannabes and the whackers i think it would be a good lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.