• Before posting in this section, please take a moment and review our EMS Job Posting Guidelines.

Alameda County, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avedi510

Forum Ride Along
Falck seems to be hiring EMTs for the new 911 contract in ALCO. Any idea what the starting wage/hr is for EMTs?

OP
OP
G

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
Falck seems to be hiring EMTs for the new 911 contract in ALCO. Any idea what the starting wage/hr is for EMTs?

If keeping with past practice:

$18.50 for day cars
$25.00 for night cars

50% of outside experience applied to determine starting step

Avedi510

Forum Ride Along
Awesome. I have an interview scheduled for next Friday.

I will be leaving a decent paying job and was curious how big of a pay cut I would be taking.

Are their multiple shifts available ie: 8hr, 12hr etc?

The p+ employees keep thier seniority I’m also curious what the preferred schedule is for them; assuming bights as its higher pay.. but nights aren't for everybody!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
If keeping with past practice:

$18.50 for day cars
$25.00 for night cars

50% of outside experience applied to determine starting step
Damn, 25 an hour for nights as an EMT? or is that top step for medic?

gclol

Forum Crew Member
Top step night emt makes roughly 40 an HR. If you work bls you get extra 3 dollars If your a lead emt on the unit. Add on fto which is another dollar you can make roughly $44 an hr but it's the Bay area so cost of living here is hella expensive so you would still have to work alot of ot to be comfortable

Avedi510

Forum Ride Along
Top step night emt makes roughly 40 an HR. If you work bls you get extra 3 dollars If your a lead emt on the unit. Add on fto which is another dollar you can make roughly $44 an hr but it's the Bay area so cost of living here is hella expensive so you would still have to work alot of ot to be comfortable

I get the bay area is expensive (I rent in Dublin; have kids, a fiancé etc.) but 40ish/hr is reallllllly good

gclol

Forum Crew Member
I get the bay area is expensive (I rent in Dublin; have kids, a fiancé etc.) but 40ish/hr is reallllllly good
Keep in mind though that's 13 years later. Your gonna be starting at 17 an HR on days and it's a low chance to get a strike. Day bls units are usually open but you need to be working full time for 6 months and understand the county really well to get I to lead status emt in order to get the 3 dollor pay increase

Avedi510

Forum Ride Along
Keep in mind though that's 13 years later. Your gonna be starting at 17 an HR on days and it's a low chance to get a strike. Day bls units are usually open but you need to be working full time for 6 months and understand the county really well to get I to lead status emt in order to get the 3 dollor pay increase

Ahh i see

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
What would a ten year medic be looking at?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Sounds like you have some pretty strong feelings about your experience there, can you elaborate? Like I said earlier, the only Falck system I have seen is the Aurora CO system and I know for a fact I wouldn't go there for 43/hr. Why is there this theme of their systems being so bad?
Aurora was probably worse when it was a Rural Metro contract though. I don't think anyone can hold Falck responsible for being forced to "partner" with an FD that provides crap medicine and too many paramedics.

RocketMedic

did they get Powerload in the new rigs?

RocketMedic

That might be one of the best medic gigs in the USA. Powerload, twelve hour shifts in a busy urban setting...

Status
Not open for further replies.