Advice: 911 (Non-Transport) to IFT and Back to 911 (Transport)

jjyi24

Forum Probie
Hey Y'all. Any advice for someone going back to a 911 agency after a stint in IFT?? The story goes that I got my start at a small agency that was essentially an EMT Assessment Unit (yes, we exist), and worked there for a year and a half before moving across the country and working at an IFT company as an in-betweener before a contract gig. Now, I'm back from my contract, and just got hired by a 911 company here in SoCal. Any advice for going back into 911, and transporting 911 patients?

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
I’m guessing this 911 company is care (aka falk)?

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Oh use to work there too. 911 In OC is pretty straight forward as an EMT. Know how to do the basic skills, if you beat fire on scene have an assessment and report ready to go.
80% of 911 patients are BLS in nature so not much of a difference than IFT other than location of patient.

OP
OP
J

jjyi24

Forum Probie
Oh use to work there too. 911 In OC is pretty straight forward as an EMT. Know how to do the basic skills, if you beat fire on scene have an assessment and report ready to go.
80% of 911 patients are BLS in nature so not much of a difference than IFT other than location of patient.
Right on. Gonna be different bc I was working 911 in a state/ county with an actual BLS scope. Thanks man.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Isn't SoCal pretty much a joke of an EMS system? Fire runs everything, they run the scene, if you beat them to the scene, great, but there are more fire stations than ambulances, so it's unlikely to happen often.

Show up, do your job, take people to the hospital, try to not to piss off your fire overlords, and plan your next career step.