A Poll: When You're Off-Duty

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Ya the multidose MS was pretty impressive, not sure how he acquired that legally.

Not just the MS, he's got several schedule II-IVs (down in the POs)

My first thought was that he was a doc, but he says he doesn't work in healthcare. My second thought was that he somehow got someone with a license to buy them and have them officially listed as inventory.

I think more likely though is that he bought them illegally.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Not just the MS, he's got several schedule II-IVs (down in the POs)

My first thought was that he was a doc, but he says he doesn't work in healthcare. My second thought was that he somehow got someone with a license to buy them and have them officially listed as inventory.

I think more likely though is that he bought them illegally.

I've read that thread before, he says his family MD gave him scripts for it all... Technically if that's the case, he can legally own it

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I don't have links to the law, its what we were taught in evoc class.

I'm willing to bet they don't exist. An EVOC instructor is hardly the person to be quoting law from.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
A bus is an ambulance

You must be from NY.

Sorry tapatalk doesn't show locations. There was a dude who was ex FDNY in my medic class, hearing bus reminded me of antics haha.

I know some states if you have an EMS sticker on your car and you don't stop, NJ maybe? Pretty stupid if you ask me. I didn't realize taking an EMT class meant I had to be ready to save lives 24/7/365...

Altitudes

Forum Crew Member
You must be from NY.

Sorry tapatalk doesn't show locations. There was a dude who was ex FDNY in my medic class, hearing bus reminded me of antics haha.

I know some states if you have an EMS sticker on your car and you don't stop, NJ maybe? Pretty stupid if you ask me. I didn't realize taking an EMT class meant I had to be ready to save lives 24/7/365...

That's an actual law? So you can't just have an EMS sticker because you support EMS?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I'm still waiting to see it in print. Just because it was taught in a class does not make it factual.

Bearamedic

Forum Crew Member
Bls stuff only, +iv start kit.

but i expect everyone who has paramedic stuff labeled on their vehicle to have some equipment. to not, i think is very disingenuous.

My vehicle is not labeled.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Nope.

but i expect everyone who has paramedic stuff labeled on their vehicle to have some equipment. to not, i think is very disingenuous.

You'd be sadly disappointed everywhere I've ever worked. None if us ever carried gear

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

CFal

Forum Captain
I consider stoppimg on an unsecured mvc scene without safety gear or emergency vehicles to out myself in danger. So thats easily worked around

you could still get cited, you would then have to go to civil court and contest the charge. if you have EMS plates or an EMS sticker it makes it more likely somebody would report you for not stopping

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Then the burden of proof that the certified person was driving is on them. Theres a reason rhat laws like that hardly ever get used

CFal

Forum Captain
Then the burden of proof that the certified person was driving is on them. Theres a reason rhat laws like that hardly ever get used

it doesn't have to be a certified person that is required to stop, but if you are certified it makes it more likely that you would be expected to, and if you have plates/sticker it advertises that to anybody that sees your car, they just ticket the person it is registered to you and the burden of proof is on you, thats the way it works in VT

CFal

Forum Captain
the reason why you don't see it invoked much is because if somebody needs medical attention they probably aren't writing down license plate numbers